Aftermarket surround sound in car?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are most welcome tim, from one audiophile to another I knew you would apppreciate that tip.

Elmer, the funny thing about 12volt audio is that it's not always about the money, in this case you are correct, but there are many instances where a product is half the price of it's competition and is superior. Btw if one watches ebay those pioneers come up now and then for @$400.00, right before Christmas I saw one go unsold. The kenwoods however appear to be a bit more rare.

Here is one case in point hot tip- Lanzar amps the pro line is a third the price of Rockford' pro line with more power and the same quality.

You are most welcome tim, from one audiophile to another I knew you would apppreciate that tip.

Elmer, the funny thing about 12volt audio is that it's not always about the money, in this case you are correct, but there are many instances where a product is half the price of it's competition and is superior. Btw if one watches ebay those pioneers come up now and then for @$400.00, right before Christmas I saw one go unsold. The kenwoods however appear to be a bit more rare.

Certainly not looking for a back and forth here - would love to own a better system and I''m sure yours is just dandy. Still enjoying my MEX despite its pedestrian pedigree.

My Kenwood xxv05 is great the flip up screen is not the greatest rez but hey nothings perfect

ok here is my 2 cents, for subs and mainly because i blow them at a rate of about 1 every year or two I like the Lanzar pro series; solid quality, relatively obscure company that has flown under the radar for many years, great power handling, great value for the money. if you can afford it, then go to MTX competition series; higher power handling, excellent quality, but a power guzzler.
amp= As much as I Hate Sony with a passion, I like the Sony Explode series class D monoblock sub amp, I can't seem to blow this thing up , and I tend to blow amps every 3- 5 years, I listen frequently at or near live levels and this has been solid for me for @ 10 years now where my previous sub amp was a Kicker that burned up in 3. solid build, superb cost value, stable at higher levels, power efficient, but tends to heat up pretty good, ( however this is true for most sub amps if driven hard), recommend good air flow around chassis, if under seat install then elevate off the floor with nothing else around it. make sure you have good solid ground wire to good ground and as large a + cable as possible.

Was looking for the Audiovox BD deck (now discontinued) and stumbled across this: Autopro DVBR-1208 In Dash or Underseat Car Blu-Ray player. Would have to adapt from HDMI Out to RCA analogs and that box is available from Amazon.com or Hong Kong item. Has me wondering.... :mad:@:

EDIT: Audiovox only supports Dolby or DTS 2.0 audio so is a non-contender...

very interesting tim, thank you. I have never heard of that company and no one has ever said a word on the car audio forum about this brand,or a legitimate 12v blu ray player for that matter. so i am skeptical of its audio capabilities especially at that price point <$250.00. The audiovox blu ray got handsomely bashed and subsequently discontinued because it apparently didn't work, so you may want to stay away from that one. but this does mean that things are looking up for us in the 12v blu arena. I had gotten word about a year ago that oppo was looking at entering this market, possibly as a partner with someone, and that would be nice but as yet have not seen or heard anything else.
I am certainly going to try to look more into this one, cuz as we all know price and recognition is not always a definitive factor of quality.

I have never heard of that company and no one has ever said a word on the car audio forum about this brand,or a legitimate 12v blu ray player for that matter. so i am skeptical of its audio capabilities especially at that price point <$250.00.

I am certainly going to try to look more into this one, cuz as we all know price and recognition is not always a definitive factor of quality.

True. An audio manufacturer can only do so much at a price under $250 when it comes to sound quality. :)

Was quite surprised when I stumbled onto this. Could the HDMI be better than the 5.1 analogs it's clearly missing? Maybe the external box conversion scheme works better.

Probably easier to just keep using BD media transcoded to DVDA! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea its possible, however, most likely if it is 5.1 out to hdmi or the digital coax where I think I read that it claims to be 6 outs, it will probably auto convert to dolby digital or the old lossy dts, my thinking is that to fully process the lossless bd stream there would need to be a hideaway box to house the additional electronics necessary. But I could be wrong, electronics get smaller and more versatile every year.

very interesting tim, thank you. I have never heard of that company and no one has ever said a word on the car audio forum about this brand,or a legitimate 12v blu ray player for that matter. so i am skeptical of its audio capabilities especially at that price point <$250.00. The audiovox blu ray got handsomely bashed and subsequently discontinued because it apparently didn't work, so you may want to stay away from that one. but this does mean that things are looking up for us in the 12v blu arena. I had gotten word about a year ago that oppo was looking at entering this market, possibly as a partner with someone, and that would be nice but as yet have not seen or heard anything else.

I recently asked Oppo and was told they looked into it but found eveybody does downloads now, so there's no market for a disc player.
(This even after I gave them praise for inventing the universal player!)

I recently asked Oppo and was told they looked into it but found eveybody does downloads now, so there's no market for a disc player.
(This even after I gave them praise for inventing the universal player!)

Hmm, I wonder if Oppo plans to follow Sony into the market for a DSD & PCM Music Downloads player for the Car?

Sony-RSX-GS9-Car-Media-Receiver.jpg

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-...turntable-and-disc-player-dsd-lineup-updated/
http://www.sony.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/rsx-gs9

Back