Eric Clapton - new boxset with 74/74 quad mixes & Scheiner 461 Ocean Blvd. 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares about this writer???
Is he anybody important???

Nope..didn't think so....
He's prolly in that "Forum" where the "host's" avatar is a rather disturbing photo of a mother and a boy and girl, and where you'd better be licking his boots or he'll ban you....

you're right Kap, he's navel lint, it's just I resent the fact that one of the first people to refer to this box set online is so dismissive of the surround mixes! makes me angry!

I have the DTS CDs of 461 .. and There's one ...

I think this is a no brainer buy though 3 albums in Hi Rez. Quad and a new Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix

Freddie King was fantastic...his 2 shelter lp's "getting ready" and "texas cannonball" would be great with a 5.1 mix...so disc five in this new box will indeed be something else to look forward too...

I did some googling and the quad mix of EC was here isn't listed in the contents on any other news sites either. I assume it's from a press release put out by Universal so I suspect it's accurate. The question is why - does the mix exist, and if so why isn't it being included, or was it just an early mistake? In any event, not having that mix on there takes this release from 'buy now' to 'wait until the price is discounted in 6 months' for me.

i have both of the quad mixes on dts CDs, so no need for me to buy this

Can we campaign someone in Universal to find if the removal of the unreleased quad mix of ECWH is actually available and get them to include it along with the stereo mixes? I have to say that the gloss has gone off this for me somewhat if the EC was Here quad mix is removed.

In spite of what we experience I find it hard to believe that someone like Universal could be so clueless? They have almost no competition and they still shoot themselves in the foot! I tried many avenues to buy the download version of Tubular Bells and most people that I did contact thought I wanted an MP3 version. I can't believe that there is not an avenue to sell something to someone that wants to but it. I'm sorry to say but I'm starting to believe that these dinosaurs deserve to die out. They have shown time and again that their sheer incompetence is only outdone by their arrogance and total greed to have their hand in your pocket.

If anyone can dig up a feedback address I'd be more than happy to email them.

Me too! All I found were dead ends with no one who could answer or explain anything I asked never mind actually comprehending what was being asked

Best of luck - I'm still waiting for them to get back to me with exactly which tracks will be released on the Quadrophenia DVD-Audio (!!) - and that was after I had to send them a link to their own site as they initially responded there was no such product.

Back