Eric Clapton - new boxset with 74/74 quad mixes & Scheiner 461 Ocean Blvd. 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but I think we'll really only know once somebody holds this baby in their hands. Throughout this thread, guys have posted track listings from various sources and they are contradictory. This one says EC Was Here is in quad.

I read on another site that this set's been pushed back to December 10th.[though some places still have it as November 25th]

This boxset is rightly called "GIVE ME STRENGTH".. Amazon UK just emailed informing of delays :(

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Clapton, Eric "Give Me Strength"
Estimated arrival date: December 12 2013 - December 14 2013

Fredblue has reached 11 on a scale from A Night At The Opera 30th to Jasmine Nightdreams. ;)

now arrived

Eric Clapton - Give Me Strength: the '74/'75 Sessions Hardcover Book with

CD Disc 1 - 461 Ocean Boulevard (Expanded Version + Session outtakes)
CD Disc 2 - There`s one in every crowd (Expanded Version + Session outtakes + Non single album releases)
CD Disc 3 - E.C. was here - Part one (Remixed and Expanded Version)
CD Disc 4 - E.C. was here - Part two
CD Disc 5 - The Freddie King Criteria Studio Sessions
Blu-ray Disc 6 - 1. 461 Ocean Boulevard Elliot Scheiner 5.1 Surround Mix
2. 461 Ocean Boulevard Original Quad Mix
3. There`s one in every crowd Original Quad Mix

cjvbc2uswbvwftu2b.jpg

cjvbcdxdybfzdrhwz.jpg

P.S. The wish, that there is the Quad Mix from "E.C. was here" :( Nothing

now arrived

CD Disc 2 - There`s one in every crowd (Expanded Version + Session outtakes + Non single album releases)

cjvbc2uswbvwftu2b.jpg

cjvbcdxdybfzdrhwz.jpg

Looking forward for your review.

now arrived

cjvbc2uswbvwftu2b.jpg

cjvbcdxdybfzdrhwz.jpg

So, just to confirm, there is nothing in this set in 5.1 surround that has not already been released in multi-channel? If so, I'm cancelling my order because I'm not a big enough Clapton fan to buy these again. I've got 461 Ocean Blvd. and There's One In Every Crowd on dts cd. I also have that set that had the album and some title in 5.1 that came out awhile back. It's the one that Amazon posted a cheap price mistakenly when it was first listed and honored that price for pre-orders? Can't recall the title. I have never even opened the package after it arrived. Is the Screiner mix something that has never been released previoulsy? Even at that,I realize the quality would be better, but I don't think it would be worth it for me.

Only the 5.1 Scheiner mix of 461 Ocean Blvd. (plus bonus tracks) is previously unreleased. The quad mixes of 461 and There's One In Every Crowd are previously released on the DTS CD's you have, but this is their first time in any uncompressed digital format.

Truly a shame they couldn't have included the quad mix of EC Was Here, if it does indeed exist. That would've made this box set a must-buy.

Thats only the info from the backside. I haven`t placed the Blu in my player. In time the living room is full of my family, so I can`t check the disc.

Back