Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick note

I will be in UK again between Wednesday 16 November till Sunday 20 November in London. I am bringing the Y4 system and encoder, if anyone wants to say hello please contact me .......then off to Beijing, Nanjing, Shenzhen in China, then Manila and finally back to Melbourne on 29 November.

Regards

Chucky

Just while we are in the mood for photo's I dredged this one up. The tall good looking guy (with black hair!!!!!) is none other than Chucky around 8 years ago. Standing next to me holding the large red thing is the "great" Zel Velican who in my humble opinion is the best woofer designer in the world (he was a pupil of Neville Thiele). Zel looks a bit nuts and that is an understatement. He regards me as the hifi anti Christ as I am too commercial and is really a mono man at heart (he loves his SM to separate out the center channel).

Together with Overture, myself and Zel we designed the Nakamichi dragon electrostatic loudspeaker (Naka went broke and only 150 were made). you might notice a small subwoofer in the background. Story has it that Zel's old company Whise (which we acquired and was located in Seismic Court) once triggered the area earth quake alarms with this thing. The silly buggers decided that they might get into trouble and did not announce to the media what happened! Personally I would have shouted it from the highest landmark and gladly be marched into the clink.

What has this post got to do with surround sound?......I have 4 Nakamichi dragon speakers at home!!!!

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• Subwoofer2.jpg
    Subwoofer2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Whise-HA-1500-electrostatic-hybrid-loudspeaker.jpg
    Whise-HA-1500-electrostatic-hybrid-loudspeaker.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 312
Thanks Bigbillquad

I hope you have a great XMAS and new year. Same to all you dedicated quadies!!

Rest assured that we are working on several projects

1 The 2 channel surround Y2 (has an SM built in)

2 The Involve surround pre amplifier (with MM, MC, HDMI, OPTICAL )

3 Manufacture of the Indiegogo batch of Y4's has started

4 Floorstander Y4 system with dual 8 inch subs

5 Metal case Surround Master

6 The revised cheaper studio Involve encoder has been designed and awaiting manufacture

7 NEWS FLASH in early February we will release 3 professional/ evaluation kits for Involve 4 channel decode, a daughter board for center channel, and an Involve encoder. These can be built into OEM projects. You will see first details in QQ.

8 We have not forgot about the CD4 project!!!

Happy Ho Ho

Chucky

Hi chucky.

Just want to get in early and say Merry Christmas & a Very Surround New Year for you and your great team in your new premises
..... :party.......:bounce17:wave:bounce17.......:party........

Thanks Bigbillquad
I hope you have a great XMAS and new year. Same to all you dedicated quadies!!
Rest assured that we are working on several projects
1 The 2 channel surround Y2 (has an SM built in)
2 The Involve surround pre amplifier (with MM, MC, HDMI, OPTICAL )
3 Manufacture of the Indiegogo batch of Y4's has started
4 Floorstander Y4 system with dual 8 inch subs
5 Metal case Surround Master
6 The revised cheaper studio Involve encoder has been designed and awaiting manufacture
7 NEWS FLASH in early February we will release 3 professional/ evaluation kits for Involve 4 channel decode, a daughter board for center channel, and an Involve encoder. These can be built into OEM projects. You will see first details in QQ.
8 We have not forgot about the CD4 project!!!
Happy Ho Ho
Chucky

A Happy New Year to all the Involve team from the freezing fog of the UK! Sounds as though the move to the new premises went OK given the number of projects back on track. I'm particularly interested to see the Pre-Amp and the metal case SM come to fruition (any updates on the pre-amp design for us?) - but good luck with the Y2 and Y4 systems in the coming year. Cheers!!

Hi soundfield

We are just about out of acceptable plastic cases now and just need to get the process going to create the extrusion for the new case. I will check with out Mech eng Chris on that.

In regard to the pre amp, I too desperately want one (so does just about everyone I know), we are working on it problem is limited design team resources. It will happen!

Regards

Chucky

A Happy New Year to all the Involve team from the freezing fog of the UK! Sounds as though the move to the new premises went OK given the number of projects back on track. I'm particularly interested to see the Pre-Amp and the metal case SM come to fruition (any updates on the pre-amp design for us?) - but good luck with the Y2 and Y4 systems in the coming year. Cheers!!

......just need to get the process going to create the extrusion for the new case. I will check with out Mech eng Chris on that.

Hi Chucky, thanks. On that subject, I've always felt that (doubtless due to the enormous DSP capability contained within) that my SM runs rather hot. Will the new case make provision for some degree of ventilation that the sealed plastic box does not?
Cheers,
Soundfield.

Hi Soundfield

Yep, I agree the SM runs warm and it really is a very busy unit. As I have said previously we were rather stupid going for a plastic enclosure, specially considering it cost us around $50,000. I hate the bloody thing but I was overruled on the basis that it was intended to market it at a more consumer accessory level and possibly at a lower price if the sales volume would support it. Unfortunately it is a chicken and egg situation, lower the price and sell at a loss in the hope sales will follow? We could not take the risk. As a result our product has hifi performance of stuff worth 1000's of dollars but looks like $100.

Makes me so mad...................think Marvin the Martian!

In the metal case version all hot bits will be well coupled to the case, the result will still be a warm case but the electronic bits will be running at a significantly cooler temperature. So far to the best of my knowledge we have had no failures due to overheating.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky, thanks. On that subject, I've always felt that (doubtless due to the enormous DSP capability contained within) that my SM runs rather hot. Will the new case make provision for some degree of ventilation that the sealed plastic box does not?
Cheers,
Soundfield.

In the metal case version all hot bits will be well coupled to the case, the result will still be a warm case but the electronic bits will be running at a significantly cooler temperature.

Good news Chucky - the engineer in me will feel much better owning one (he'd also like a rather more positive feeling mode select switch - any chance?)
Cheers,
Soundfield.

Yep, that's one of the changes....also hate the crappy switch!

Hi Chucky,

Will the new model also allow the 5.1 outputs to switch from QS to SQ .. providing an SQ mode will still be offered?

I've been holding off on a Surround Master for a while and look forward to a pending metal enclosure!

Depending on sales volumes and trends you've seen so far for the Surround Master versus inventory on the existing plastic enclosures, Involve may want to get moving on the extrusion. Unless you can find something pre-existing, you may be looking at about two months on tooling design, manufacture, and sample runs, before volume production could be ready. And please don't take those comments the wrong way either, I know it happens in written conversation. It's just coming from experience in extrusion, forging, and molding for custom components.

We can get the extrusion in 4 weeks from China.....but we have to first press the GO button

Regards

I've been holding off on a Surround Master for a while and look forward to a pending metal enclosure!

Depending on sales volumes and trends you've seen so far for the Surround Master versus inventory on the existing plastic enclosures, Involve may want to get moving on the extrusion. Unless you can find something pre-existing, you may be looking at about two months on tooling design, manufacture, and sample runs, before volume production could be ready. And please don't take those comments the wrong way either, I know it happens in written conversation. It's just coming from experience in extrusion, forging, and molding for custom components.

Dear All

I will be out of action for a few days, as tomorrow I am having a new shiny metal (partial) knee installed in my right leg.

STOP RUNNING NOW!......30 years of running every second day at a weight of 260 lbs.

I am still recovering from the $15,000 financial damage....don't get me started on greedy bloody overrated doctors.

Wish me well, see you on the "other side"

Regards

Hop along Chucky

Back