eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read the personal account of the making of these discs on the SHF; it's a feat only matched by a few in recorded history! Transatlantic calls were made, cooperation was sought at the highest levels of many governments. No stone was left unturned. Check out post 721 HERE
After reading all that maybe I need to re-buy them and give them another listen?

Quote Originally Posted by OppoFood View Post
My insurance company refuses to accept that SACDs are worth anymore than CDs and will give me the standard $10 per disk if stolen.

oh he also told me that "SACDs sound no different to CDs, it says so on Wikipedea."

Need to change companies methinks.

Make him an offer to buy all his SACDs at $10 each.

"Sound of Music" movie 4-channel reel-to-reel just sold for $493.50 on Ebay. Couldn't you just buy the blue-ray with 7.1 DTS-HD Sound?

When shockers are posted could the shocker be described as well asl linked please?

Ebay only has the listing for a short while after closing so the link becomes meaningless.

My recent shocker (especially since I don't like said Band):

SCORPIONS – Moment Of Glory (SACD Gold) for a mere 1.250€ plus 2€ for shipping. :confused:

Although it definitely is hard to catch said SACD these days, I wonder what kind of Person is that insane and shells out 1.250€ / 1340 US$ for a Scorpions SACD.

I often wonder on how much attitude a Seller must have for them to raise the price to such ridiculous amounts.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SACD-Hybrid-...sh=item1c5ed7e98e:g:gsgAAOSw8-tWV1bu#viTabs_0

My recent shocker (especially since I don't like said Band):

SCORPIONS – Moment Of Glory (SACD Gold) for a mere 1.250€ plus 2€ for shipping. :confused:

Although it definitely is hard to catch said SACD these days, I wonder what kind of Person is that insane and shells out 1.250€ / 1340 US$ for a Scorpions SACD.

I often wonder on how much attitude a Seller must have for them to raise the price to such ridiculous amounts.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SACD-Hybrid-...sh=item1c5ed7e98e:g:gsgAAOSw8-tWV1bu#viTabs_0

Well, unbelievably you know it went for 1600 on eBay one time... :yikes

I agree though, it is totally ridiculous.. I have resigned myself to never owning a copy! (I passed up on one for about 100 quid years ago.. that was too much for me then and its too much for me now! Fudge it! :D )

Well, unbelievably you know it went for 1600 on eBay one time... :yikes

I agree though, it is totally ridiculous.. I have resigned myself to never owning a copy! (I passed up on one for about 100 quid years ago.. that was too much for me then and its too much for me now! Fudge it! :D )

Actually I think it was once listed at over $4,000...

Back