DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps Scott M4 and zabble will chime in as they are the ones who brought these to my attention. I have yet to hear one.

The mixes are discrete and very satisfying. They sound great in DTS. The albums vary from beatless ambient soundscapes to very groovy grooves. :sun These final discs in the FAX series are treasures of electronic music to me. Be prepared for a hunt to find somewhat affordable copies. Before this Dark Side box set reissue, Dark Side XI was going for over $300 - though that is an extreme example. There's still a handful that I'm missing and I think they'll remain out of reach for me.

The mixes are discrete and very satisfying. They sound great in DTS. The albums vary from beatless ambient soundscapes to very groovy grooves. :sun These final discs in the FAX series are treasures of electronic music to me. Be prepared for a hunt to find somewhat affordable copies. Before this Dark Side box set reissue, Dark Side XI was going for over $300 - though that is an extreme example. There's still a handful that I'm missing and I think they'll remain out of reach for me.

Which are the albums with groovy grooves, please?
(they'd be more my cup of tea than the beatless ambient ones, I think.. :eek: )

Which are the albums with groovy grooves, please?
(they'd be more my cup of tea than the beatless ambient ones, I think.. :eek: )

I have about 30 so they're a bit of a blur. One that comes to mind is Sexoid - Move D/Namlook XVIII. Space, grooves and twisted up voices, including Obama. A fave of Lynn's too. I'll try to flag a few others in the next while. The four "Ambient Gardiner" collections can give some insights into the different albums.

Thanks for the link Adam! Let us know how the mix is. :)

You're welcome :)
I can't take credit for this heads up, it was QQ Member : zabble who mentioned it in the first place.

Oh, its Excellent..!

Engaging, immersive, atmospheric, surround-y.. you know, all the adjectives and epithets we look for in one of these surround music things :upthumb

You're welcome :)
I can't take credit for this heads up, it was QQ Member : zabble who mentioned it in the first place.

Oh, its Excellent..!

Engaging, immersive, atmospheric, surround-y.. you know, all the adjectives and epithets we look for in one of these surround music things :upthumb

and zabble got their info from QQ Member : vinylguy4

and zabble got their info from QQ Member : vinylguy4

I just received the Ben Craven 2 disc (1 RBCD/1 DTS RBCD) set in today's mail and am auditioning it as I type these words. A wonderful album from 2006 produced, engineered and mixed by Mr Craven in a wonderfully discrete and highly musical and melodious 5.1. GREAT job, Ben and it arrived safely from Australia unlike yesterdays cracked cases for the Laura Nyro QUAD disc from Deep Discount and a cracked SACD case from Music Direct (Eddie Money).

About $21 delivered from Australia to New York.

Klaus Schulze & Pete Namlook - The Dark Side of The Moog Vol. 11

I floored by how good this sounds. The bass on that thing is huge! I need to get the whole series.

Dark%20Side%20of%20the%20Moog%2011%20DTS_zpsfrh6qioy.jpg

The Tunisia disc really is a good album with a nice, aggressive surround mix. Thanks to all here who brought this to my attention and to Ben for his excellent service.(y)

Took me a lot longer than I first thought to get this disc, then 2 showed up at the same time on Ebay. I am a sucker for sampler discs.

Attachments

• DTS Sampler Vol. 2.jpg
    DTS Sampler Vol. 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 210
Took me a lot longer than I first thought to get this disc, then 2 showed up at the same time on Ebay. I am a sucker for sampler discs.

Cool, didn't know dts ent. made any samplers with their last or next to last dtscd artists.Nice find.:D

I do have a volume 2 DVDA sampler though.

Interesting.. so there were DTS CDs of Larisa Stow & Gluey Brothers
before they shifted to DVD-A whereupon DTS Ents released new DVD-A versions of those 2 titles (together with Toy Matinee, which also got the upgrade for sure).. did not know that, only have Larisa & Gluey on DVD-A.. iirc some of the other DTS CDs got redone on DVD-A (Esteban's From The Heart among them) incredible to think they could/would release these things twice on the two different formats and yet so so many Quads (and 5.1's for that matter!) remain unreleased in any modern day format..
so, who wants to go for broke and set up a surround music reissue label with me? :)

Finally got my copy of Klaus Schulze/Pete Namlook-Dark Side Of The Moog.

I believe I can determine who plays what on this disc.Klaus is on keyboard playing a composition and Pete is on effects and samples.

As Simon says, it's a good surround disc for a dts cd .It's my first of Namlook's dtscd's and now I will have to obtain more.Hopefully they (MIG records) will re-issue more.(y)

20160827_200216.jpg20160827_200210.jpg

Interesting.. so there were DTS CDs of Larisa Stow & Gluey Brothers
before they shifted to DVD-A whereupon DTS Ents released new DVD-A versions of those 2 titles (together with Toy Matinee, which also got the upgrade for sure).. did not know that, only have Larisa & Gluey on DVD-A.. iirc some of the other DTS CDs got redone on DVD-A (Esteban's From The Heart among them) incredible to think they could/would release these things twice on the two different formats and yet so so many Quads (and 5.1's for that matter!) remain unreleased in any modern day format..
so, who wants to go for broke and set up a surround music reissue label with me? :)

Hmmmm....

Well I do have £10. to invest.:smokin

It is an amazing thought you have Freddie my man.I wonder if any of the boutique labels would jump on board ?:music

Back