DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After listening to these 2 titles, don't know why it took me this long to add them to my pile.

Attachments

• Olivia & Brian.jpg
    Olivia & Brian.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 232
This was one of the Hardest to find and well worth the wait and cheap. The packaging is very colorful.

Attachments

• Nepal 1.jpg
    Nepal 1.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Nepal 2.jpg
    Nepal 2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Nepal 3.jpg
    Nepal 3.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Nepal 4.jpg
    Nepal 4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 199
This was one of the Hardest to find and well worth the wait and cheap. The packaging is very colorful.

Thanks for the heads~up. I found a used copy (actually sealed with a slight cut through the barcode) for $2.99 + s/h from a third party Amazon seller.

And I agree: a very colorful and cool looking package.

There also appears to be 9 other DTS encoded titles in this series. Have you heard any of them?

Thanks for the heads~up. I found a used copy (actually sealed with a slight cut through the barcode) for $2.99 + s/h from a third party Amazon seller.

There also appears to be 9 other DTS encoded titles in this series. Have you heard any of them?

I have not seen any other titles in the series released. The go-to listing of domestic releases I use has only this tile listed. I will be posting soon in the Swap Meet that list and what I have and what am looking for.

Do they have any more at such a price, Ralph?
I can only see new from $32.99 on the Amazon listing I found.. :(

Do they have any more at such a price, Ralph?
I can only see new from $32.99 on the Amazon listing I found.. :(

Unfortunately, Adam, not at the $2.99 price point. As soon as I ordered I went back to the site and the next 'used' one was (gasp!) $395.00 and new from $32.95 + s/h.

I suppose it pays to be a 'night owl.'

Just received a reply to my e~mail to ensure this was a genuine DTS RBCD and thankfully, IT IS!

I'm sure more will turn up at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, Adam, not at the $2.99 price point. As soon as I ordered I went back to the site and the next used or new ones were $30 each + s/h.

I suppose it pays to be a 'night owl.'

Ahh... that's the power of QQ.. you mention a disc and 10 seconds later they're all gone, or what's left are the pricey options..!!! :yikes

Night owl..? I'm a 20-hour a day owl as it is, I couldn't sleep less if I tried..! :p

What time (your time!) do I have to be up to get the hot deals?

Ahh... that's the power of QQ.. you mention a disc and 10 seconds later they're all gone, or what's left are the pricey options..!!! :yikes

Night owl..? I'm a 20-hour a day owl as it is, I couldn't sleep less if I tried..! :p

What time (your time!) do I have to be up to get the hot deals?

I'm on a crazy work schedule and sleep wildly erratic hours. Last night I crashed at 11:30 PM while watching the evening news for four hours and then woke up at 3 AM and was bouncing off the walls until almost 10 AM and then crashed again until 3 PM.

Naturally, QQ is great to visit at 3 AM because of the worldwide poster status and I just happened to catch it right. Doesn't happen very often, Pal.

Luck Be A Laddie............sing it Frankie!:music

I was actually very lucky to find a seller on Discogs that was selling his DTS disc from the set. Some of you will laugh, but I have just discovered this wonderful music by these artists so I'll be on the lookout for all the other DTS discs from the FAX releases. It'll take me a while and will cost me quite a bit, but I'm hooked. :)

I can't believe that a little more than four months have passed since I've posted this. I'm now about six discs short of owning every Namlook DTS CD. I've been extremely lucky in finding these and at extremely reasonable prices.

Thanks again to everyone who've chimed in about these in this thread. I think we should start a thread dedicated to Namlook's 5.1 output. There is so much to discuss. :)

I received this one a few days ago and I was floored when I heard how amazing it sounded. The tape transfer was done at Abbey Road in 24 bit by Allan Rouse (R.I.P.) and you can tell that not only was the album really well recorded but also the stunning condition of the tapes. This only makes me want to grab all the other discs in that series. I'll confess not really liking the DTS disc cover art. My view on this is that if you use original cover art for Rock albums when you reissue them, do likewise for Classical albums.

Sir Adrian Boult & London Philharmonic Orchestra ‎– Tchaikovsky: Suite No. 3

Adrian%20Boult%20DTS%20CD%201_zpsr7cf3ley.jpg

Sir%20Adrian%20Boult%20-%20Tchaikovsky%20Sonata%203%201_zpsauvptuer.jpg

Sir%20Adrian%20Boult%20-%20Tchaikovsky%20Sonata%203%202_zps0oqkccls.jpg

Back