DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Tried to order:

Edgar Winter-Jasmine Nightdreams

fizzzzzz

Its taken about 15 years but this one's just about getting to the point where sealed inventory's pretty much depleted..

Don't hesitate! :p

Don't be a cheapskate! :yikes

Buy one today! :upthumb

..OH HOW I LOVE THE SURROUND MIX ON THIS DTS CD..!! :worthy

Textbook - showcase - THIS is how you mix a Quad disc to grab you by the balls and not let go til the very last 360 degree round the room pan has faded out..!! It's a riot of channel gymnastics virtually from start to finish - particularly the finish - you don't need a Quad channel check you just need this disc and hit track 10 and let her rip all the way thru 11 to the very end of track 12. If you don't know your Front Left from your Rear Right by the final swirls of Solar Strut then Edgar and Fredgar are possibly not a good fit for you! ;)

If it had a better cover (surely one of the worst cover > to content ratio's of a major label artist release of all time.. what were they thinking?!) and a stronger track or two this would have been long sold out already imho. Get it now! For "One Day Tomorrow" it will be gone...

Edgar Winter-Jasmine

fizzzzzz

PS. I just got the old SQ LP of this and when I go on my Quad holiday (hopefully next month) I am going to decode the bejeesus out of it with the Surround Master! I'm not expecting DTS CD-quality separation or anything but it'll be a bucketload of fun comparing my favourite DTS disc with an SQ decode thru the new gizmo! :banana:

Its taken about 15 years but this one's just about getting to the point where sealed inventory's pretty much depleted..

Don't hesitate! :p

Don't be a cheapskate! :yikes

Buy one today! :upthumb

..OH HOW I LOVE THE SURROUND MIX ON THIS DTS CD..!! :worthy

Textbook - showcase - THIS is how you mix a Quad disc to grab you by the balls and not let go til the very last 360 degree round the room pan has faded out..!! It's a riot of channel gymnastics virtually from start to finish - particularly the finish - you don't need a Quad channel check you just need this disc and hit track 10 and let her rip all the way thru 11 to the very end of track 12. If you don't know your Front Left from your Rear Right by the final swirls of Solar Strut then Edgar and Fredgar are possibly not a good fit for you! ;)

If it had a better cover (surely one of the worst cover > to content ratio's of a major label artist release of all time.. what were they thinking?!) and a stronger track or two this would have been long sold out already imho. Get it now! For "One Day Tomorrow" it will be gone...

FB

CAN'T GET WHAT THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT!!!

Do you know another site?

IMG_0714 (1024x768).jpg

Merzbow - Camouflage A pretty scary title for Halloween. Unfortunately, my surround power amp blew and I can only listen in stereo :(

This is not a good time to be stereo-only with all the titles being released.

I have NEVER heard of this artist. Can you comment on the content and 5.1 DTS mixes.
Sounds very intriguing!

Amazonde has them ALL in stock but with s/h to the US[$50], the cost would be $176 for ALL four and for me an extravagant 'investment' for an unknown artist!

Yes Amazon De is the best source to get his DTS CDs. His spacey ambient music is not overly aggressive as far as mixes go. Cheaper releases I would recommend are "Namlook: Subconscious Worlds XXI" and Air: "Jeux Dangereux". Look for the DTS on his covers and go on youtube to see if you like the music. The Ambient Gardner CDs are kind of like greatest hits.
4s4.jpg4s2.jpg

Thank you so much, mixamatt, for your prompt reply.

I'm always on the lookout for DTS discs and from the samples I heard on you tube, Peter Nomlook is a good candidate for the 5.1 treatment!

Last edited:
Back