DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you like the sound quality of this one?

I'm not Dennis but.. :eek: ..the mix is lovely.. quite different (& less reverb-y) than/to the stereo.. and v.crankable sound. Almost all the DTS CDs from Quads have great mixes and this is one of them, plus still comes up relatively cheap. Go for it! :p

how's the sound quality? and content?

I'm not Blrac but.. ;) ..sound quality on this is to die for! You'd be forgiven for thinking its Hi-Res. The surround mix is wonderful, a so-so album in Stereo is transformed in Quad. Easily in my top 10 DTS CDs. Unmissable.

The TOIEC Quad is also available on Blu-ray Audio in the "Give Me Strength" boxset, together with both the Quad and Elliot Scheiner's 5.1 mix of Clapton's 461 Ocean Boulevard, a superb set.

I'm not Dennis but.. :eek: ..the mix is lovely.. quite different (& less reverb-y) than/to the stereo.. and v.crankable sound. Almost all the DTS CDs from Quads have great mixes and this is one of them, plus still comes up relatively cheap. Go for it! :p

Thanks Adam. Well put!

Hattler - Surround Cuts. Arrived from Germany today with my sister! :)

61F9zL4Rf6L._SY300_.jpg

This will keep me from biting off my fingernails while I wait for The Division Bell.

Like Pete Namlook's Virtual Vices, clearly an overlooked gem. Thanks SO much, Mike!

Thanks for your recommendation of Pete Namlook's Virtual Vices. I'm a huge fan and have been looking for whatever DTS versions that are still available. If only I could find Dark side if the Moog 11.

Pete Namlook/ Wolfram Spyra Virtual Vices 5. Much better than I thought It would be. A lot of Pete's collaborations don't work out for me but this one is one of my favorites. They even almost approach Heavy metal on one song. Next up will be Virtual Vices 6.

Pete Namlook/ Wolfram Spyra Virtual Vices 5. Much better than I thought It would be. A lot of Pete's collaborations don't work out for me but this one is one of my favorites. They even almost approach Heavy metal on one song. Next up will be Virtual Vices 6.

What's the surround mixes like on the Namlook DTS CD's?

What's the surround mixes like on the Namlook DTS CD's?
I would say not overly aggressive He uses a lot of synth pads which mostly
fill the room. The surround sound mostly comes from sequencers, ethnic percussion and sampled sound effects. A good release that's still available and inexpensive would be "subconscious Worlds" or any of the Ambient Gardener Four seasons series. Just look for the red DTS symbol on the covers.

Eric Clapton There's one in every crowd DTS

Never had or heard this one before not even in stereo. I feel I'm getting a little Bob Marley in Little Rachel. Nice mix.

Haven't received it yet but waiting for Alan Parson's On Air DTS CD. Finally found it at a decent price. I get the sense that prices are dropping on some of these previously difficult to find titles.

Holst : Planets - Andre Previn, LSO.

(I have had this on my shopping list for yeeeaaarrrssss.. finally found one for under £20!).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 325
Bonnie Raitt Road tested. Love this two-disc dts cd. Sound is exceptional. Phenomenon base. Great set list.

Back