DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete Namlook-Music for Urban Meditation 20. Lots of drones and white noise wooshes. nammfum.jpg

Pete Namlook/Tetsu Inoue 2350 Broadway 4.
pn1.jpgpn2.jpg
Since his death it seems his releases are getting a lot more expensive but I am seeing some new Dark Side of the Moog reissues though no DTS DSOTM 11 yet.

Fredgar will be happy...

Edgar Winter - Jasmine Nightdreams

YEAY!! :worthy :wave :smokin

(Ps. Just thought I'd mention, to another Surround Master owning buddy.. ;) the SQ LP decodes surprisingly well... surprisingly in that there are a LOT of wild round the room crazy ass pans going on in the Quad of this one.. and on that note, pretty sure the last time I checked the SQ has a couple of tiny weeny blink and you'd miss them but still interesting little mix differences.. and at least one track has a weeny teeny meany bit of extra fade out at the end that segues into the next track, compared to the DTS that is.. )

Tunisia - Two False Idols
Really good in my opinion. Rock genre. Nice songs and each are different so pacing of listening to the entire DTS-CD is enjoyable.
good use of surround.
This came out in 2006 and I missed it. Still available on cd-baby, it is a CD + DTS 5.1 2 disc set.

vinylguy4

I just picked up and listened to this one. A totally under-the-radar release with a nice discrete mix. Tunisia is mainly Ben Craven, who is described as a “cinematic progressive-rock singer-songwriter” from Brisbane, Australia. He plays most, if not all the instruments on this full production release. I'll listen to this more than once.

Still available here: https://bencraven.bandcamp.com/album/two-false-idols

Pete Namlook/Tetsu Inoue 2350 Broadway 4.
View attachment 25358View attachment 25359
Since his death it seems his releases are getting a lot more expensive but I am seeing some new Dark Side of the Moog reissues though no DTS DSOTM 11 yet.

Dark Side of the Moog XI is now available in the 3rd box set of the series through Amazon at a reasonable price. It includes DSotM IX, a fave of mine, and a decent live disc too. (only XI is in surround)

That sure beats the $100 plus price tag I've seen for DSOTM IX from different sources. I'm glad I waited to pick it up.

I just picked up and listened to this one. A totally under-the-radar release with a nice discrete mix. Tunisia is mainly Ben Craven, who is described as a “cinematic progressive-rock singer-songwriter” from Brisbane, Australia. He plays most, if not all the instruments on this full production release. I'll listen to this more than once.

Ordered. Thanks for the info on this one, zabble.

Only £11.28 including shipping from Australia.. Strewth mate! :p

I likewise ordered a copy. Roughly $20.80 including shipment to the States. BTW, CDBaby only carried the RBCD (NO DTS second Disc) which by itself was about $13 + s/h.

Thanks for the heads~up, zabble.

Yes. It might be a little cheaper from the US Amazon.

I was actually very lucky to find a seller on Discogs that was selling his DTS disc from the set. Some of you will laugh, but I have just discovered this wonderful music by these artists so I'll be on the lookout for all the other DTS discs from the FAX releases. It'll take me a while and will cost me quite a bit, but I'm hooked. :)

I was actually very lucky to find a seller on Discogs that was selling his DTS disc from the set. Some of you will laugh, but I have just discovered this wonderful music by these artists so I'll be on the lookout for all the other DTS discs from the FAX releases. It'll take me a while and will cost me quite a bit, but I'm hooked. :)

What kind of surround mixes are these, Simon?
Discrete and active? Room ambience?

What kind of surround mixes are these, Simon?
Discrete and active? Room ambience?

Perhaps Scott M4 and zabble will chime in as they are the ones who brought these to my attention. I have yet to hear one.

Back