DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a promo-only copy of Amin Bhatia's "The Interstellar Suite" The promo is a DTS-Audio disc with a startling 5.1 mix. Dare I say....."Stellar"! Amin has been having difficulty on getting this release out on the preferred Blu-ray format but even at this fidelity of 96\24 it is outstanding...

Work continues in the packaging and presentation of the finished product; but for now, he's certainly on the right track...

I sure am late to the bus with this title

Eagles Hell Freezes Over (DTS-CD) Found one for $7 at a bookstore :D

You're way off, Adam. Dying to Live is off Edgar Winter's White Trash introducing Jerry LaCroix, which is one of the great unreleased Quads.
00180dd0_medium.jpeg

"a-do what? a-do what? a-do what!" (kooky little number from his '79 self titled disco album!) :p

sorry, what was the question? :eek: why am I dying to live?

You are correct! The Edgar Winter Album is certainly one of his crappy projects.

Now, back to the wonderful world of DTS.

Oh, I rather like it.. :eek: ..in a cheesy disco way, it's kind of funky upbeat and throwaway. EW was in love at the time and its kinda upbeat/cute/soppy/poppy in equal measure.. not much rock but a fair bit of roll! :D

DTS! Yes! It's the bees' knees :banana:

Picked up everyone's favorite blend of orchestrated erotica...."Erogenous" from the Mystics. Couldn't let that pass for sub-$20, I'm expecting great things.

Its a good one! (y)

FWIW, I enjoy all 3 of the Mystic Moods Quad>DTS CD's that are more music than sound effects (Erogenous, The Bright Side Of The Moon, Cosmic Force.. the others are either storm FX, train FX, solo piano, some creepy voiceover bloke, etc.. not much musical quad.. you get the picture..) but the 3 I've mentioned are all nice mixes and great sound quality. The material isn't for everyone and is very much of its time but as examples of fine quad mixes in their own right they're hard to beat imho.

Back