Stevie Ray Vaughan Albums Coming to Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Chad Kassem's Analogue Productions has announced that they are bringing the Stevie Ray Vaughan catalog to their series of DSD Downloads. This comes just a couple of years after Mobile Fidelity released the SRV albums on their SACD reissue series.

For SRV fans, it will be an opportunity to compare both versions of the legendary's guitarists work in Hi Resolution Audio.

Far as I know, only the box set. There's no listing for them as separate items.

Far as I know, only the box set. There's no listing for them as separate items.

That may be a licensing issue. Mobile Fidelity may still hold the license to issue individual SACDs while Analogue Productions has the license for a box set.

any surround in there?

There's one they could have put surround on, but they blew it off. That's why I won't be buying the set. Works out OK for them though since their main interest is probably the ultra-high-profit DSD downloads. These Acoustic boys like their money.

There's one they could have put surround on, but they blew it off. That's why I won't be buying the set. Works out OK for them though since their main interest is probably the ultra-high-profit DSD downloads. These Acoustic boys like their money.

Acoustic Sounds adds the Surround Sound tracks when they are available from the tape library. The recent SACDs by The Doors and Norah Jones are examples of that. As to SRV, I haven't heard whether that album went beyond the planning stage in terms of doing a 5.1 mix.

But Acoustic Sounds is talking about releasing some of Sony Music's unreleased Surround SACD titles. It will be interesting to see what is in that group.

I SO wish Thom Cadley would confirm (or deny) that he did indeed complete his work on the SRV 5.1 mix listed on his own personal website... beyond that who has any idea what the SP is, whether it exists, who has it, where, whatever.. Sony won't be wading in anytime soon & AS don't seem to have got to the bottom of the mystery either.. so what I'm driving at is, Thom Cadley please put QQ out of its misery! Did you do that 5.1 mix and what's up with why we still aren't getting it on a lovely shiny disc after all this time? Thank you kindly! :eek:

Didn't I post an e-mail from him already confirming that? Was some time ago. Watch it pop up as a DSD download any day now.

Didn't I post an e-mail from him already confirming that? Was some time ago. Watch it pop up as a DSD download any day now.

If it materializes, I bet it would be a download, SACD and Vinyl release. The out of print SACDs and some of the small artist titles are candidates for download only.

Back