Motorola Quadraline, Stereo FM Receiver, FH411JW

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandvegn

I have looked everywhere for more information. I am new to the Quad thing. I got this for 10 bucks at the local goodwill and it looked pretty, so I went for it. It has nifty lights, but I am unsure if I should keep it. FM reception was terrible, but that may be because I did not use an antenna. Most of my other receivers/tuners get at least the stronger channels, this got static and a channel. It has an out for a quad FM decoder, but I was told on another forum this was never implemented. There are inputs for tape in and out and phono. I did remove the chassis to take pictures. It is not the sturdiest of builds. It even has what amounts to a piece of screen (like window screen material) stapled to the bottom of the unit for cooling I guess. I have since bought a Marantz 4230 and I think I am going to keep it and either sell this or give it to my brother. Are there any thoughts or does anyone have more information on this unit? I have seen that Motorola made decoders for quadraphonic units. It also requires 16 ohm speakers which are not the norm for most receivers. I have pictures here. http://imgur.com/a/kTFtg#0

Back