HiRez Poll Parsons Thibaud - MORE TRANSCONTINENTAL VOICES [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Parsons Thibaud - MORE CONTINENTAL VOICES

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this October 2013 DVD-Audio release from Germany's "Quadro-Surround" label. This disc is a follow-up to the first release (POLL: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Parsons-Thibaud-TRANSCONTINENTAL-VOICES-DVD-A ) by this American folk-rock group. To obtain a copy of this DVD-A and any other Quadro-Surround release, visit their website at www.quadro-surround.de .

From Quadro-Surroud: "For those surround sound fans who enjoyed listening to the first Parsons & Thibaud quadraphonic DVD-Audio, we present another release in this Hi-Rez surround format. It is again an enjoyable assortment of melodic songs, some with a more electric sound. The band was recently in Norderstedt Germany, near Hamburg, for an open air concert. The auditorium was filled with enthusiastic fans, singing and clapping along to the songs. A band with such a large following and many sold out shows as this band should have a contract with a big record firm, but they don't, which works well for us! So, we offer another quadraphonic listening experience of this fine group with this release for you to enjoy."

Parsons Thibaud 2 Front 700.jpg
Parsons Thibaud 2 BACK 700.jpg

As 4.0 on the DVD-A banned, without centre and sub. I do not miss the centre. I sit in the hot spot and singing comes clearly from the center space. The instruments come from all directions, not walking around separate stationary, but absolutely also sometimes dominant from the rears, I feel so, that I´m in the middle. The sound is clear and detailed with a good crisp bass. Very good, I miss nothing.

music 9/10

Quadro Sound 10/10

I was a bit late on the uptake in getting this second quad disc from Parsons Thibaud. I really liked the first disc - so I'm not sure why i waited so long to get this one :mad:@:. As with the first disc this is great acoustic based folk-rock - from a live concert.

Check out their cover of The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel) - very nice...

Back