DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
front.jpg

Fantastic sound and mix even if only DD, will there be a poll for this one?

John Luther Adams, Ilimaq (Cantaloupe CA 21112, 2015), performed by Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche (who's big on New Music for percussion). Sort of a one-man companion piece to the more ambitious Inuksuit. Very stark, very atmospheric--think Brian Eno's ambient music. Would make a good soundtrack for a museum installation. Because of the relatively limited sonic range of the instruments used for this piece, the surround mix isn't as compromised by being in Dolby Digital 5.1 as some other recordings of JLA works on Cantaloupe.

a3157392841_10.jpg

This is why I love this forum. I lived in Texas during the Bush governorship. Bowling for Soup was big there, in part because of a reference to the Bush twins in "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)".

I love this music, had no idea it was available in surround. Just grabbed a new copy from EBay for < $6 shipped! :sun:sun:sun

Thanks Fredblue!

Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Don't Deserve (5.1 Dolby Digital DualDisc)

This is why I love this forum. I lived in Texas during the Bush governorship. Bowling for Soup was big there, in part because of a reference to the Bush twins in "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)".I love this music, had no idea it was available in surround. Just grabbed a new copy from EBay for < $6 shipped! :sun:sun:sunThanks Fredblue!
Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Don't Deserve (5.1 Dolby Digital DualDisc)

you're welcome my friend :) iirc wasn't "bowled" over (had dee har ;) ) by the surroundyness of the 5.1.. but fun album!

John Luther Adams, Strange and Sacred Noise. Percussion Group Cincinnati. Mode 153 (2005). The first of five (by my count) JLA albums available in surround and the last one I acquired. I generally love his music, but many of the pieces on this album are for percussion geeks only, I think.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back