DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Children Of The Black Sun - Non (CD + 5.1 DVD-V),
Munly & The Lee Lewis Harlots (CD + 5.1 DVD).

Two Bob Febrarche (16 Horsepower) surround music mixes, heads up on the Munly thanks to haikubass and Non album 5.1 thanks to Ian Cooke (y)

Can anyone in the UK (FredBlue perhaps) comment on the Super Furry Animals 'Phantom Power' and 'Rings Around The World' DVDs from 2002 and 2003? They both supposedly include 5.1 mixes of their entire respective albums amongst other things, and I'm wondering if they're real discrete 5.1 mixes or not.

I don't live in the UK but I own both DVD's & can assure you that they are both excellent, discrete mixes. If you have the opportunity to pick these up, I highly recommend them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone in the UK (FredBlue perhaps) comment on the Super Furry Animals 'Phantom Power' and 'Rings Around The World' DVDs from 2002 and 2003? They both supposedly include 5.1 mixes of their entire respective albums amongst other things, and I'm wondering if they're real discrete 5.1 mixes or not.

Yes! they're both discrete 5.1 mixes & recommended! (y) :p

the anthology/songbook Vol.1 SFA DVD (or whatever it was called!? predominantly red/gold cover) isn't worth getting from a 5.1 POV.

I see elmer and Adam reply that they are discreet 5.1, are they DTS or DD 5.1?
Even if discreet, haven't come across many DD 5.1's that are worth replaying.

Thanks guys, done deal following have been ordered:

Super Furry Animals: Phantom Power [DVD] [2003][DVD]
Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World [DVD] [2002][DVD]

If there are Super Furry Animals fans in the house, I have a few copies of their Love Kraft SACD 5.1 up for trade. PM me if you're interested :)

Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel
2 discs in a "Super Jewel Box". Thought it might be a Dualdisc at first. PCM 16/48, DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 on the DVD.

Seems most Depeche Mode albums reissued today in Australia in CD + DVD-V (5.1 DTS) Deluxe Editions (extra tracks).

I was surprised to see a stand containing about a dozen or more different reissues today. I have two previous surround DVDs from them but will wait for the usual 20% off sales that come regularly. (List price is $35 AUD - around 28USD / 17UKP after taking off our GST - 10% for those outside AU). I'm guessing next 20% off sale is due pretty soon.

Example: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/speak-spell-deluxe-edition/697288

No mention of 5.1 on that web page but all the deluxe editions with DVDs I looked at had '5.1' on the back covers.

Edit: found them for about 23 USD at www.redeye.com.au

Back