DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, who's the lucky devil who got the real McCoy..!? :p

Alright boys, time to 'fess up I guess... got my copy this morning. And then some... Actually, I've had two copies in the basket and had to click the mouse just minutes before your post, Adam... this is what happens when you never cease to think about possible additions to the Surround releases list... so yeah, I got lucky this time - but, in my defense, not entirely...

Alright boys, time to 'fess up I guess... got my copy this morning. And then some... Actually, I've had two copies in the basket and had to click the mouse just minutes before your post, Adam... this is what happens when you never cease to think about possible additions to the Surround releases list... so yeah, I got lucky this time - but, in my defense, not entirely...

Congrats Marek! (y) glad it's gone to a good home :) I would never have known about the existence of these Febrache mixes (and so many other surround music discs!) without you so it seems right and only fitting that you should receive the last copy! :worthy

Thanks Adam, just too bad that there were not enough copies left to satisfy everyone... Anyway, if I ever spot one out there while surround-hunting, I make sure to snatch it for you (5.1 moves in mysterious ways, y'know)!
OK, so there are those Tarantella and Blood Axis mixes, mhmm...;-)

Thanks Adam, just too bad that there were not enough copies left to satisfy everyone... Anyway, if I ever spot one out there while surround-hunting, I make sure to snatch it for you (5.1 moves in mysterious ways, y'know)!
Blood Axis??

I thought it was Tarantella & 16 Horsepower??

Thanks Mr, you're a pal (y)

if you ever see any copies of K-Otic/Bulletproof going for decent money.. ;)

Ian Cook.JPG

I managed to snatch this from here http://greaterthancollective.limitedrun.com/products/14840-ian-cooke-the-fall-i-fell-cd-dvd . It appears to still be available. Buyers beware : Make sure to check your order confirmation email right away. My first order was shipped to a wrong address (it was actually shipped to a mini Walmart judging by the address on the order). Long story short, they sent me another copy without issue.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
Abattoir_Blues+The_Lyre_of_Orpheus.jpg

Don't know yet hopefully will get to put it on over the w/end :)

lots of rather amateurish videos (most are like they've been done by college kids with a new computer & some video effects software they're tinkering with and a penchant for stop-frame and plasticine) set to a kind of 3rd rate Blue Man Group soundtrack. mixes are mostly double stereo & ambience with the odd discrete thing but really another waste of time & money - a recurring theme with so many of these things I've been picking up lately!

Adam, did you just order it or did you mean you have it already?
If you have it, is it just DD as they said and how's the sound?
I held off ordering when they said DD only.

I have it heard already.
It is really only DD 5.1 and you can hear it.
They should have put a DTS stream on it.

But it's sound is ok.

The 5.1 mix is also ok, but not overwhelming....
It is much more newer Pink Floyd than their last two.

I have to listen to it again, but after first listen I would rate it with a 7. :)

Adam, did you just order it or did you mean you have it already?
If you have it, is it just DD as they said and how's the sound?
I held off ordering when they said DD only.

it arrived today from Germany. it is Dolby Digital 5.1 as has already been said (was it IMachine or Mam or Gmat who already received it? I forget now, sorry!) so, I've given it one quick spin.. Nice surround mix, active rears and a fair bit of room panning (some find gimmicky, I like it) and speaker ping-pong.. it's a bit bright and a bit bass-heavy for my liking, cymbal crashes really betray its DD-encoding.. but for DD for music its probably about as good as it gets. I like it! Certainly knocks spots off a lot of the 5.1 stuff I've been buying lately as far as the mix goes!

Back