DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it heard already.
It is really only DD 5.1 and you can hear it.
They should have put a DTS stream on it.

But it's sound is ok.

The 5.1 mix is also ok, but not overwhelming....
It is much more newer Pink Floyd than their last two.

I have to listen to it again, but after first listen I would rate it with a 7. :)

ah-ha! It was you! :eek: :D

it has a different feel to the SACD of theirs I have but I enjoyed it. I will play it again later (I'm onto a Tierney Sutton SACD now, "On The Other Side", I got recently and not got round to playing yet.. the first thing that hit me -- the leap in sound quality is night and day!!).

ah-ha! It was you! :eek: :D

it has a different feel to the SACD of theirs I have but I enjoyed it. I will play it again later (I'm onto a Tierney Sutton SACD now, "On The Other Side", I got recently and not got round to playing yet.. the first thing that hit me -- the leap in sound quality is night and day!!).

Yes...here I am! :)
Forgot to mention...it would be a german 7, so a Dennis 10 :)!

Homo Erraticus - Ian Anderson (CD + DVD-V).

Mine too. It arrived yesterday (Sunday) morning from Amazon amazingly enough! 5.1 seems to have a fair bit going on. Nice packaging. Music is good, mostly gentle. I'll reserve judgement for the moment. TAAB2 didn't grab me at first, but after a few listens it grew on me.

Homo Erraticus - Ian Anderson (CD + DVD-V).

20% off sale in my local store so I figured now was the time to pick this up....

The Resistance - Muse (Limited Edition Box Set including 5.1 mix of album on DTS DVD-V).

:banana:

I wish I could find one of these that I could be sure has the 5.1 mix included, as it is not in all copies of the box set - I opened one in a record fair to see, and sure enough no DTS 5.1 mix, just a "making of" docco.....

Latest here?
Mike Oldfield - Incantations,

I wish I could find one of these that I could be sure has the 5.1 mix included, as it is not in all copies of the box set - I opened one in a record fair to see, and sure enough no DTS 5.1 mix, just a "making of" docco.....

Latest here?
Mike Oldfield - Incantations,

Oh I know.. :( I'd been thru all that kerfuffle in record shops "can I just check it's all in there?" that kinda thing.. only to never find the bloody 5.1.. and the set without the 5.1 is common. I gave up searching in the end and bought it off a bloke on eBay Christmas just gone who specifically said in the listing it had the 5.1 and sure enough it did (ain't those pressies we get ourselves just the best!?) :eek:

No! eBay! I couldn't believe it when nobody else bid against me! :eek:

I am not able to use eBay any longer since I had a huge row with the evil PayPal people.
My account got restricted for (undisclosed) allegedly dodgy deals (they will not tell me what though) and unless I send a passport scan over email (yeah, like that's ever going to happen) I cannot use either my account (despite having had it for well over 5 years now) OR my credit/Debit cards associated with it on any PayPal powered site.
It's saved me a fortune, but cost sales to a lot of others too.....

I would love a copy of that box.

I've had all sorts of nonsense with eBay & PayPal over the years.. and similarly had to jump thru hoops with PayPal, after someone hacked my account years ago.. I almost gave up the ghost and said "screw it! it's their problem -- why should I have to prove to THEM I'm legit when it's an issue with their system!?" ..but I'm glad I persevered, I wouldn't have half the surround stuff I have if it hadn't been for eBay.

PPal and fleabay are now VERY different to what they used to be....not nearly as "welcoming" or "buyer friendly"
Heck, fleabay users don't even BOTHER to leave feedback anymore...

But, I must say , they have saved my bacon MANY a times when sellers tried to screw me over...got my money back many a times....but now Ppal's policies are "1984" they want ALL YOUR INFO..and I'm not very comfy with that...I'm sure that another company will come up and replace them...they got their billions; they really don't care anymore... The only few things I've gotten in the last few years have been from HUGE seller (moviemars, etc) which , I KNOW that if I don't receive I can claim it...

I'm doing my best to avoid them from now on...

Back