Using the SURROUND MASTER with files from HD Tracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I was thinking about doing this with the 24/96 downloads from HD Tracks with the express purpose of making 4.0 or 5.1 DVD-Audios for the car. However, I can't play the 2.0 OUT of the PC into the SM, and at the same time record the 5.1 INTO the PC.

So my thought is to create a "down and dirty" DVD-A of the HD Tracks stuff I bought, play that back from a DVD-A player (stereo out) into the SM, then record the surround output and take it from there.

Is there a better way? Has anyone found a better way, or is this it. I'm thinking this is the best way. Don't even have to add track marks to the stereo DVD-A since it'll just be used the one time.

You can create a Blu-ray disc structure in Audiomuxer of the HD tracks in LPCM, easier than creating a DVD-A and play that back via a USB disc.

Jon - you have a Oppo 93 right?

You can create a Blu-ray disc structure in Audiomuxer of the HD tracks in LPCM, easier than creating a DVD-A and play that back via a USB disc.

Jon - you have a Oppo 93 right?

Yes, but it's not "on" my PC (or anywhere near it). I have an older Pioneer Universal Player that I have hooked up to my PC for SACD conversions that I was planning to use. However, it does no do BluRay.

But that's an idea if I feel like schlepping the Oppo upstairs! :)

A second PC with a good USB stereo player will work. I use a MOTU ultralite MK3 with my laptop. The Ultralite is a bit expensive, but it is less than an 828 and can be used for multi-channel as well. You can find them used on ebay for $300+

Back