Steven Wilson Dvda is not a dead format, Can be played at home(Oppo) and in Cars(Acura)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can SACD be converted to DVD-A????

I LOVE DVD-A, especially for car use. Thanks to this forum, I found a wonderful member who has transferred some of my Blu-Ray audios to DVD-A.

After years of searching, I still have not found a way to convert SACD to DVD-A.
Can anyone assist with this? (I have some titles I would really love to hear in the car).

Can SACD be converted to DVD-A????

I LOVE DVD-A, especially for car use. Thanks to this forum, I found a wonderful member who has transferred some of my Blu-Ray audios to DVD-A.

After years of searching, I still have not found a way to convert SACD to DVD-A.
Can anyone assist with this? (I have some titles I would really love to hear in the car).

Yes, but (for best results) you need to have a PS3 with SACD ripping capability (or get rips from the Net) ....from the decrypted SACD ISO you can convert the DSD to WAV & then encode MLP and create a DVD-A.

PM if you'd like more details...

Second, dobyblue's comment regarding car audio I have to disagree with entirely. I do about 75% of my listening now in the car (Hyundai Genesis). The Lexicon speaker system has 17 speakers and plays dvd-audio. The car is well insulated so there's very little outside noise to interfere with the listening experience. I assume other cars capable of playing dvd-audio are also set up to take advantage of the format.

Cygnus asked on instructions on converting blu-ray over to dvd-audio. This would be better for another thread. I know there's already tutorials on how to author your own dvd-audio disc, so I'm guessing you just need a way to get it off the bluray. I either use AudioMuxer or DVD Audio Extractor to rip the audio into individual tracks. With both you choose the audio stream you want such as PCM, DTS HDMA or Dolby TrueHD and then convert those tracks to .wav or .flac files. From there you convert to .mlp. I find it takes about and hour to convert an entire blu-ray to .mlp for dvd-audio authoring. I know this isn't much of a tutorial, but you can look up dvd audio extractor or AudioMuxer for tutorials on ripping blu-ray tracks.

Thanks for the info. I also agree with you about the car thing, that's where I do most of my listening and the ELS in my Acura blows me away. I did an extensive comparison between the TL and a Genesis using a DVD-A and although the Lexicon sounded really good, whatever Elliot Scheiner did with the ELS was just pure magic to my ears. Too bad Acura is going away from DVD-A. If the TLX doesn't have it then I'll probably switch brands, there's no way I could go back to stereo lol.

...whatever Elliot Scheiner did with the ELS was just pure magic to my ears. Too bad Acura is going away from DVD-A. If the TLX doesn't have it then I'll probably switch brands, there's no way I could go back to stereo lol.

Couldn't have said it better. But as Jon has said in so many words, at least there'll be pool of used ones out there for awhile.

Back