Steven Wilson Blackfield,Covers and Porcupine Tree

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I know these questions were asked a year ago but in a years time some things have changed so thought it might be worth asking again.

Blackfield(1 and 2 in surround)-you said Aviv is not interested in surround so have to respect his wishes but now a year later we have Blackfield 4 in surround,so what changed.
Does that mean Aviv changed his mind and would allow the first 2 albums be mixed in Surround or is this a one off which would be sad if true.
I so love these albums and they just scream to be done in surround, I like what you did with Blackfield 4.

Covers Album(songs you did)-any change or chance that these can come out in Surround?

Porcupine Tree-is it still the case that the older albums before Stupid Dream will not be done in surround.

If these and your solo releases could come out in Dvda I would be ever so greatful as its some of the best music I have heard in past 10 years.

I would also add that one more album from his back catalogue that deserves to be mixed in surround (if possible) is no-man's "Returning Jesus". :)

I would also add that one more album from his back catalogue that deserves to be mixed in surround (if possible) is no-man's "Returning Jesus". :)

it would be nice to get a re-issue of love blows as well.

Any of the earlier No-man albums in 5.1 would be good.

I know these questions were asked a year ago but in a years time some things have changed so thought it might be worth asking again.

Blackfield(1 and 2 in surround)-you said Aviv is not interested in surround so have to respect his wishes but now a year later we have Blackfield 4 in surround,so what changed.
Does that mean Aviv changed his mind and would allow the first 2 albums be mixed in Surround or is this a one off which would be sad if true.
I so love these albums and they just scream to be done in surround, I like what you did with Blackfield 4.

Covers Album(songs you did)-any change or chance that these can come out in Surround?

Porcupine Tree-is it still the case that the older albums before Stupid Dream will not be done in surround.

If these and your solo releases could come out in Dvda I would be ever so greatful as its some of the best music I have heard in past 10 years.

Sorry no change here at present! But I do like the idea of Returning Jesus in surround, so maybe one day on that one. Also some of the Cover Version tracks would be nice in surround if I can ever locate the various laptops they were recorded on and retrieve the sessions.

Sorry no change here at present! But I do like the idea of Returning Jesus in surround, so maybe one day on that one. Also some of the Cover Version tracks would be nice in surround if I can ever locate the various laptops they were recorded on and retrieve the sessions.

Thanks for the reply Steven. I am sure you know there are many Blackfield fans here and would be over joyed if Aviv gives the go ahead to do more surrounds as the music deserves it and would make his and your fans very,very happy.
The covers being on different laptops sounds like it could be a tough job to track everything done, to bad.
PT or No Man more stuff, again it would be all good if more can come up.
Love what you are doing with your new band, all the best.

peter

"Returning Jesus" would be AMAZING in surround! Glad you agree! :)

Back