Steven Wilson here is question which i can't categorize

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0tto

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
"ask Steven Wilson" is a nice thread but why Steven Wilson can't be more frequent guest at QQ just to say
"hi guys and gals" and give us sometime firsthand updates on what is going on at surround frontline?
that's not a secret that QQ had collected all yours admirers from edge to edge of our flat earth and i guess
they deserve to have more interaction with you, without risk of obscuring your almost iconic status in the
surround community worldwide :)

and very much thank you for picking up and carrying the torch of HiRez surround, which was near full extinction
in not so distant past. i just hope all the past, present and future [thanks to your effort] new converts will care
about purity of the sound as much as you do and wouldn't try to make us happy with mutilated by lossy encoding
kind of parody on what you did and heard when mixed/re-mixed theirs albums.

Hey Otto, you have got some nerve suggesting that SW should rather participate more in the daily forum activities than answer our questions bunchwise in a structured manner. Some nerve indeed...

Personally...... i would be happy with him doing what he does best! Breathing new life into classics! our support in purchasing these gems is a big HELLO HEY WERE LISTENING !

Dont stop by here, keep on making new music and mixing old music.

We have not had a Steven Wilson release for nearly a week now slacker :)

c'mon guys, i don't say daily but from time to time i guess he can drop in and do share to us some info.
to be honest, i hate when planed or upcoming releases has been wrapt into sort of mistery. usually it's
ends up in overexpectations with following speculations and quite often... disappointment.
if release was worked, prepared but for some reason was delayed or shelved - i can live with that and
think it is better to know instead of endless speculations and guesses.

Last edited:
One reason Mr. Wilson doesn't need to chime in here:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/

For another, some folks simply feel uncomfortable fielding all sorts of questions (some of which they may wish to answer, or at the time, can or should not) on boards like this. Nothing personal, strictly (ahem) business. Steve Hoffman's forum is known to have more than a few famous lurkers, but there is a certainly level of fanaticism on boards that tends to keep the pros away (alas).

In the event, the link will give you the updated info, and he's been pretty good about the updates.

ED :)

SW already keeps us informed plenty. Any expectations and disappointment are the results of each consumer processing available information and arriving at a conclusion.

Join SWs twitter. I did. He often keeps us informed on Twitter.

i gave up on Twitter.
got tired every time after i logged in, to clean hundreds and hundreds strangers of whom i have no idea who they are but
somehow they appear on my list albeit i never added them there.
secondly - it seems like mainly the folks joined the Twitter to talk to themselves.
i'm not was there to bother anyone, but in few cases when i tried to contact someone, i never got any response, albeit
their activity on Twitter can be viewed as verbal diarrhea.

SW uses a popular medium to communicate and you refuse to use it. Okay.

i see you got me wrong.
i won't argue in regards of popularity but sadly popularity doesn't mean efficiency or usefulness in regards of communications.
can't complain about Steven or Giancarlo but beside them there are tonns of other who uses Twitter only as free tool to
promote their stuff and inform the world what they have today for dinner and such but in fact never answers questions.
so i pretty quickly learned that if this sort of medium can be to some degree usefull from point of promo, for dialogue they are
absolutly useless. when i must spend more time to clean my "following" list, than time to read informative updates for few of
my interests - it seems to me just waste of time.

Back