Peter, Paul & Mary Stereo SACDs from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he did I didn't notice...you really can't expect me to keep up with his new purchases:ugham: I'd have to hire a few people...the man is a buying machine..maybe he will see this and respond...I actually thought you bought that one...
As of today Oct. 4th this is the tracking status (purchased from ImportCDS):

Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 8:19 pm on September 22, 2014 in HEBRON, KY 41048. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I'll be surprised if I receive it before Halloween. Well, at this point, surprised if it shows up ever.

It took a full 15 days to receive a different recent order from ImportCDS so it's possible it will show up since it hasn't been 15 days yet.

I wonder if Exclusive in Janesville stocks this. Probably $35 though. I may drive over tomorrow assuming I recover from getting lost in Milwaukee today -- what a nightmare that was. Never going to Milwaukee again.. at least not without a map. Barnes & Noble doesn't even have maps for the state. They've got IL and IA and other surrounding states though. I'll check Target.

Thanks, Brian.

BTW, when, when, WHEN is AP going to release Peter Paul and Mary's ALBUM 1700 and their Live in Concert SACDs..........? Seems like eons that these titles have been in pre~release limbo.
Sooner than you think apparently. Check the Acoustic Sounds site.

The remastered Hybrid SACD of Album 1700 by Peter, Paul & Mary is now In Stock at Acoustic Sounds.

Album 1700 - In Stock.png

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94823/Peter_Paul__Mary-Album_1700-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Album 1700 in Stereo SACD sounds good.
Nice to have Leaving On A Jet Plane and I Dig Rock 'N' Roll Music on SACD! :)

Album 1700 in Stereo SACD sounds good.
Nice to have Leaving On A Jet Plane and I Dig Rock 'N' Roll Music on SACD! :)

I noticed you used "sounds good"...not excellent or some other lofty description....I'm wondering how this one compares to the other AF Peter Paul and Mary SACD discs in the sound quality dept..

My favorite Peter, Paul & Mary SACD to date is In The Wind on Audio Fidelity.
The sound quality and detail is really something. An excellent remastering from Analog Tape.

https://audiofidelity.net/product/peter-paul-mary-wind

My favorite Peter, Paul & Mary SACD to date is In The Wind on Audio Fidelity.
The sound quality and detail is really something. An excellent remastering from Analog Tape.

https://audiofidelity.net/product/peter-paul-mary-wind

That's my favorite as well and I have heard that 1700 doesn't quite reach that mark...although it would be nice to have "leaving on a jet plane"...I have quite a few PP&Mary discs and I'm on the fence about this one...I don't have the enthusiasm that Ralphie has for this album...thanks Brian for your honest input....I always value your opinion

That's my favorite as well and I have heard that 1700 doesn't quite reach that mark...although it would be nice to have "leaving on a jet plane"...I have quite a few PP&Mary discs and I'm on the fence about this one...I don't have the enthusiasm that Ralphie has for this album...thanks Brian for your honest input....I always value your opinion

Clint, I was basing my opinion of PP&M's Album 1700 from a stunning sounding Warner Open Reel (7 1/2ips) which I used to play (to death) years ago. I agree with Brian that AF's In The Wind is a revelation on SACD so when I 'splurge' on the two AP PP&M SACDs I'll have something to compare it with. I do know that Album 1700 was a breakthrough album for the group upon its release and all the audio mags went ga ga over it.

But times have CERTAINLY changed.

And who can contest the Multichannel Maven's impeccable taste? And he certainly has the ultra sophisticated SACD hardware to effect such a comparison.

BTW, our local PBS station has recently been airing a PP&M retrospective and what I cannot believe is how the once gorgeous Mary Travers has 'pumped up.' Yowza!:yikes

Clint, I was basing my opinion of PP&M's Album 1700 from a stunning sounding Warner Open Reel (7 1/2ips) which I used to play (to death) years ago. I agree with Brian that AF's In The Wind is a revelation on SACD so when I 'splurge' on the two AP PP&M SACDs I'll have something to compare it with. I do know that Album 1700 was a breakthrough album for the group upon its release and all the audio mags went ga ga over it.

But times have CERTAINLY changed.

And who can contest the Multichannel Maven's impeccable taste? And he certainly has the ultra sophisticated SACD hardware to effect such a comparison.

BTW, our local PBS station has recently been airing a PP&M retrospective and what I cannot believe is how the once gorgeous Mary Travers has 'pumped up.' Yowza!:yikes

1700 will be good...just not on the level of In The Wind(which I'm playing right now)...I still may get it...but it's not a priority right now..I'm actually looking forward to getting a CD in the next few days...that's right...not a SACD or hi res product...just a product of "old school mastering" with some outstanding content on it....nuff said about that...it won't be very much longer that my order from importcds of Bootleg Series 6 will be shipping(the one you said I wouldn't get)...some good things to look forward to...but back to this PP&M disc...it doesn't get enough credit for the sound quality...I do wish the content was better...but that is why we buy so many of these discs to get what we want..

I prefer the self titled album over In The Wind. Perhaps it has more to do that I prefer the songs/music of the ST. Both albums are great sonically and I really haven't heard much difference between the two.

On thread note though I'm on the fence about buying 1700. If Acoustic Sounds released 1700 prior to the AF two releases it would have been a no brainier for me, as it is I have enough PP&M that I'm not certain I need another.

Although I would really enjoy having "Leaving On A Jet Plane" and "I Love Rock'N'Roll" music on SACD.

Back