Peter, Paul & Mary Stereo SACDs from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update from Audio Fidelity today. The Hybrid Stereo SACD of "In The Wind" by Peter, Paul & Mary has been pushed back to an October 2014 release.

An update from Audio Fidelity today. The Hybrid Stereo SACD of "In The Wind" by Peter, Paul & Mary has been pushed back to an October 2014 release.

So we are getting BS&T first then. Good.

If that's the case then there must be a surprise September release. Hopefully of the 5.1 variety. I think I'll ask 'em. Send Kim a question.

If that's the case then there must be a surprise September release. Hopefully of the 5.1 variety. I think I'll ask 'em. Send Kim a question.

I doubt we will see another 5.1 before BS&T. As to more Stereo SACDs, who knows? My guess is that things were moved back due to the delays on Super Session and Breezin, among other factors.

Eric Clapton Pilgrim 2 channel SACD comes out with BS&T Child Is Father To The Man October 21. As if we needed more Eric Clapton. Only got $20 for the last one I sold and this one will be up for sale too. My AF subscription seems to be yelling at me and saying CANCEL ME, CANCEL ME!

Who knows whats coming out in September now. Maybe nothing?

Eric Clapton Pilgrim 2 channel SACD comes out with BS&T Child Is Father To The Man October 21. As if we needed more Eric Clapton. Only got $20 for the last one I sold and this one will be up for sale too. My AF subscription seems to be yelling at me and saying CANCEL ME, CANCEL ME!

Who knows whats coming out in September now. Maybe nothing?

I just don't see how that is a good deal...you get stuck with discs you don't really want and the price you pay isn't a good deal either...the only thing you get is the discs a little earlier...

I just don't see how that is a good deal...you get stuck with discs you don't really want and the price you pay isn't a good deal either...the only thing you get is the discs a little earlier...

That's the reason I signed up. To get stuff earlier. With all the crap titles lately though I'm getting tempted to cancel.

They seem to alternate between Rush and Eric Clapton and throw a joker in every so often (George Benson). There's way better music out there.

That's the reason I signed up. To get stuff earlier. With all the crap titles lately though I'm getting tempted to cancel.

They seem to alternate between Rush and Eric Clapton and throw a joker in every so often (George Benson). There's way better music out there.

I usually don't like to be one of the early purchasers...I'd rather hear about the quality before I pull the trigger...let someone else be a beta tester...

Apparently they pushed it back front.
Got this email today: September SACD Release is here which means Peter Paul & Mary "In The Wind" & The Paul ButterField Blues Band

I'll have to think about it. No way I'd play the Paul Butterfield.

"in the wind" was a no 1 usa album with three hits (2 of them being all time classics) and better sound quality and song choice than the first one...as a sidenote... the first one on sacd ...has a peter Yarrow count in on "this train" whereas the new 180 gram lp version doesn't....

"in the wind" was a no 1 usa album with three hits (2 of them being all time classics) and better sound quality and song choice than the first one...as a sidenote... the first one on sacd ...has a peter Yarrow count in on "this train" whereas the new 180 gram lp version doesn't....

Better sound quality?..you must be talking about this raving endorsement I do like Blowing In The Wind and Don't Think Twice by Dylan...but I also love If I Had A Hammer and Lemon Tree..which is on the other disc...Leaving On A Jet Plan is not on either disc..I like that one too...

Well I like most of their stuff although it's rather a patchy journey after "album 1700" until you get to "such is love" and "no easy walk to freedom"...I've seen them live 4 times..and even met them (as you could always do that after a concert) and ended up having a half hour chat with Peter Yarrow...back in about 1986...
Anyway...on "in the wind" I find the audio highlight for myself is "Polly von" .along with "All my trials" and "don't think twice"..and "blowing in the wind" and no I have never read steve hoffman's review before...."freight train" might be considered filler, but the first lp had "It's raining" and Bamboo" to drive you nuts after repeated playing....I might add that the double lp 180 gram of "in the wind" is actually noisier than my 1 lp mid 70's warner bros usa pressing......despite this I hope they redo lp's of "A song will rise" and "see what tommorow brings" as both those suffer audio wise from the rest of their warners stuff on vinyl... I'd also prefer they do "The Peter ,Paul and Mary Album" (WS1648) rather than "Album 1700" (WS1700) ..whilst 1700 has 2 big massive hits on it, it's rather an inconsistent Lp in song selection and makes it's predecessor a better choice to listen to from start to finish...not to mention it having Al Kooper , Mike Bloomfield, Paul Butterfield and Charlie McCoy playing on it...another interesting sidenote is that many of their singles are different from the lp versions, sometimes even re recordings...there are 2 single versions of hurry sundown , one of which being an edit and remix of the lp as being on the rhino box set, the other being a re recording as a b side to "for baby for bobby"..and it too is a rerecording with orchestra as an A side, but even the "El salvadore "single from no easy walk to freedom in 1986 is an alternate version...there are about 20 oddities of their stuff not found on an lp anywhere...

Great price on In The Wind...I just pre-ordered HERE

Update:..I spoke too soon..I wasn't able to complete my purchase; don't know if it's just a website glitch or what. I contacted cust service and I'll see what they say.

Great price on In The Wind...I just pre-ordered HERE

Update:..I spoke too soon..I wasn't able to complete my purchase; don't know if it's just a website glitch or what. I contacted cust service and I'll see what they say.
The site is working ok now. I got as far as the "complete order" button with a total of $19.31

The site is working ok now. I got as far as the "complete order" button with a total of $19.31

I can get that far but when I try to complete the transaction I get "a problem occurred when finalizing your order. Please try again or contact a sales rep for further assistance"...I have an account there and have ordered before. I tried several credit cards and even pay pal; same message. There really isn't any way to "contact a sales rep" that I know of...I did send them a message...but I don't see any phone number...

Back