Peter, Paul & Mary Stereo SACDs from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get that far but when I try to complete the transaction I get "a problem occurred when finalizing your order. Please try again or contact a sales rep for further assistance"...I have an account there and have ordered before. I tried several credit cards and even pay pal; same message. There really isn't any way to "contact a sales rep" that I know of...I did send them a message...but I don't see any phone number...

I've had the same problem when trying to order Super Session this week. Still don't have it ordered.

I finally got a response from importCD's and they advised me to clear my cookies on my computer...I did that and it didn't work:howl
That's the typical response. Or they will say you need to enable cookies. I'd just try another browser since some websites only work with one. Could be IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or something else.

That's the typical response. Or they will say you need to enable cookies. I'd just try another browser since some websites only work with one. Could be IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or something else.

The problem is that I have used IE to make numerous orders with them..and now another individual has the same problem...all other sites that I order from have no issues...so I doubt that it's the browser...

The problem is that I have used IE to make numerous orders with them..and now another individual has the same problem...all other sites that I order from have no issues...so I doubt that it's the browser...

But you'd have to figure they're getting plenty of orders from other people or they'd be closed and out of business by now. I wish there was something I wanted to order so I could try it out. I did just buy a CD from them about two weeks ago.

If they had that 80s hits Hong Kong Sony SACD I'd buy that.

You may want to check Amazon and see if the item you want is listed there by Importcds. Sometimes they are even cheaper if you order that way.

Wow.. i found it on there: http://www.importcds.com/music/3891877/80s-hits
What browser should I use? (note: I used IE 9 to place the order)

Attachments

• importcds_complete80.jpg
    importcds_complete80.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 118
But you'd have to figure they're getting plenty of orders from other people or they'd be closed and out of business by now. I wish there was something I wanted to order so I could try it out. I did just buy a CD from them about two weeks ago.

If they had that 80s hits Hong Kong Sony SACD I'd buy that.

You may want to check Amazon and see if the item you want is listed there by Importcds. Sometimes they are even cheaper if you order that way.

Wow.. i found it on there: http://www.importcds.com/music/3891877/80s-hits
What browser should I use? (note: I used IE 9 to place the order)

I just got an email from them.."we are aware of the issue on the website and are working to resolve it; please allow 24-48 hours and try ordering again"

I'm aware of that but I'd much rather have it at THIS PRICE

That is a great price on the Audio Fidelity "In The Wind" SACD by Peter, Paul & Mary!

As to the "In The Wind" SACD, Audio Fidelity is very excited about this release. The analog master tapes were in excellent shape and the upcoming SACD featuring remastered Stereo SACD tracks by Stere Hoffman reflects that.
The sonics are outstanding, better than the earlier PP&M SACD from AF. This will be a must have SACD for Peter, Paul & Mary fans - based on my listen earlier today to an advance copy of the SACD from AF.

I just got an email from them.."we are aware of the issue on the website and are working to resolve it; please allow 24-48 hours and try ordering again"

I'm happy to report that they have fixed the computer glitch and I was able to order both Peter Paul and Mary discs...the first and the upcoming In The Wind:)

I must admit I am curious about this version

That is a great price on the Audio Fidelity "In The Wind" SACD by Peter, Paul & Mary!

As to the "In The Wind" SACD, Audio Fidelity is very excited about this release. The analog master tapes were in excellent shape and the upcoming SACD featuring remastered Stereo SACD tracks by Stere Hoffman reflects that.
The sonics are outstanding, better than the earlier PP&M SACD from AF. This will be a must have SACD for Peter, Paul & Mary fans - based on my listen earlier today to an advance copy of the SACD from AF.

Have you heard this version I'm just wondering if the sound quality is better than the AF disc I ordered.

Have you heard this version I'm just wondering if the sound quality is better than the AF disc I ordered.

Well, the Audio Fidelity version is taken from the Original Analog Master Tapes from Warner Brothers Records and transferred with a Grimm AD1 DSD Analog to Digital Converter (ADC). The Top Music version is most likely from a local copy of the album tape through a PCM workstation. It's very unlikely that the Top Music will be comparable sonically.

and the original warners cd of "in the wind" and "movin" were from a digital remix of the 3 track multis that Peter Yarrow did in the 1980's..they are actually very very good..but of course different from what AF are doing

and the original warners cd of "in the wind" and "movin" were from a digital remix of the 3 track multis that Peter Yarrow did in the 1980's..they are actually very very good..but of course different from what AF are doing

RCA did a lot of that for CDs as well back in the day. Took the master tapes and transferred to PCM in their Digitally Remastered Series. I'm sure many of those CDs are still out there.

Back