Steven Wilson question about your approach to recording

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0tto

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
discovered PT only when you started to re-release some early albums on DVD-A and since then i do closely
follow your works done in surround, albeit lately refuse to buy versions offered with surround in DTS stream
only [but that's personal choice].

here is my second question.

question in regard of your approach to raw recording of the tracks, with which then you work in DAW on mixing.

i was very glad when you switched to employ 96KHz and saw this on the latest releases as quite a significant improvement
to the sound, particularly acoustical elements of the recorded sound.

flat mix when you do balance instruments/voices during the mix session and thus avoiding necessity in post-mastering,
allows you to preserve very good dynamic of sound and is a great step as well.

all in all it's amazing how, in so short time, you was able to acheive such unbelievable progress but i still very curious and
upset, that you have so little concern about VOICE recording?
it's really very bad, when in all those nicely done parts of the recording i hear pretty heavy sibilance of voice. it just ruining
all enjoyment and to be honest, quite often physically painful.

please take it to consideration when you will record your next project.
thank you in advance.

i'm guessing i said something wrong but have no idea what exactly it was.
and of course i have no disrespect to SW. contrarily i have very much appreciation for his works, efforts and dedication.
frankly it isn't criticism but more like remark about the one nasty flaw in very good overall achievement, which sadly
seems permanently appears in every release be it PT or solo project.

Back