Steven Wilson CTTE questions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Steven,

1. Were the guitar and backing vocals on "And You And I" recorded through a Leslie cabinet, or did you have to create the Leslie effect in your mix from dry tracks?

2. How much longer does "Siberian Khatru" go after the fade out?

3. Did you have access to the original 2-track recording of Rick's church organ part in "Close To The Edge", or did you use what was flown in onto the 16-track tape?

Thanks!

J. D.

Steven,

1. Were the guitar and backing vocals on "And You And I" recorded through a Leslie cabinet, or did you have to create the Leslie effect in your mix from dry tracks?

2. How much longer does "Siberian Khatru" go after the fade out?

3. Did you have access to the original 2-track recording of Rick's church organ part in "Close To The Edge", or did you use what was flown in onto the 16-track tape?

Thanks!

J. D.

1. From memory i think the guitar yes, but the vocals no, so I had to recreate the effect on the vocals.

2. It doesn't! But "A Venture" from the Yes Album goes on a lot longer, it's very cool. (by the way I'm not saying that TYA will be released next, it's one of a few other album mixes that I have underway).

3. No, I only had access to the 16 track tape.

1. From memory i think the guitar yes, but the vocals no, so I had to recreate the effect on the vocals.

2. It doesn't! But "A Venture" from the Yes Album goes on a lot longer, it's very cool. (by the way I'm not saying that TYA will be released next, it's one of a few other album mixes that I have underway).

So nice to know that TYA is definitely being worked on already. Hopefully we'll get it at some point next year (along with "Going for the One" and/or "Relayer")
GREAT work on "Close to the Edge" Steven! :)

First of all, thank you for answering my questions!

I have been waiting for ever for the full version of "A Venture" to appear. One can just hear the beginning of a fiery guitar solo at the end of the song's fade out. Yet not one reissue of "The Yes Album" has ever included this as a bonus track. I am so happy to know that I'll finally get a chance to hear it!

J. D.

Back