Steven Wilson About 'Drown With Me'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I've always enjoyed the high quality Porcupine Tree non-album tracks. My particular favourite is Drown With Me and I never ever tire of hearing it as I find it uplifting! Thanks for playing it live in recent years.

My question is, did 'Drown With Me' get all the way into the actual In Absentia track sequencing and get pulled, and if so where on the album was it heard?

And on a similar and related note that somewhat overlaps with the ID/DW reissue question…

The rumor with IA "deluxe anniversary" edition" makes mention of the outtakes as well as the demo and other stuff. Perhaps the expanded deluxe dvd-a/blu-ray could have those extra tracks sequenced into he album in a logical way instead of tacked onto the end as is the normal practice?

I've always enjoyed the high quality Porcupine Tree non-album tracks. My particular favourite is Drown With Me and I never ever tire of hearing it as I find it uplifting! Thanks for playing it live in recent years.

My question is, did 'Drown With Me' get all the way into the actual In Absentia track sequencing and get pulled, and if so where on the album was it heard?

Thank you! I'm very proud of that track (though I don't recall where it was in the album, if ever) and the quality of the "B-sides" in general. I grew up listening to bands like XTC and The Smiths, where often the B-sides were every bit as good as the album tracks ("Dear God" by XTC and "Please, please, please, let me get what I want" by The Smiths were just 2 examples of classic songs that were - or started off as - B-sides), so I've always like that attention to quality in the bonus material too. Every non-album track always ends up being an album track somewhere down the line anyway (-;

And on a similar and related note that somewhat overlaps with the ID/DW reissue question…

The rumor with IA "deluxe anniversary" edition" makes mention of the outtakes as well as the demo and other stuff. Perhaps the expanded deluxe dvd-a/blu-ray could have those extra tracks sequenced into he album in a logical way instead of tacked onto the end as is the normal practice?

At present any reissue of IA is looking unlikely for contractual reasons, unfortunately )-:

My DVDA is almost worn out! DWM audio drops out. Belatedly I found an old DTS entertainment promo video for IA that needle drops album tracks and Drown With Me is included!

Back