3 Channel Stereo SACDs from RCA Living Stereo Catalog

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more of the RCA Living Stereo 3-Channel Super Audio CD Reissues from Analogue Productions are now available and in stock at Acoustic Sounds:
  • Gershwin: An American In Paris / Rhapsody In Blue - Arthur Fielder, Boston Pops Orchestra
  • Moussorgsky/Ravel: Pictures At An Exhibition - Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Arthur Fiedler SACD.jpgFritz Reiner SACD.jpg
3channel-logo.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&orderby=12&NewArrivals=true&categoryID=4

Looks like the Gershwin number is about 34 minutes at the most. It's missing 3 tracks (about 45 minutes) that were on the Sony BMG version. Really pathetic. Don't know who's buying these.

Looks like the Gershwin number is about 34 minutes at the most. It's missing 3 tracks (about 45 minutes) that were on the Sony BMG version. Really pathetic. Don't know who's buying these.

Asked about this. Chad Kassem at Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds says their reissues are following the track selection of the original Living Stereo LP releases, not the Sony BMG reissues. The Gershwin follows the original album, see http://www.shadeddog.com/discography/lsc-2300-2399/lsc-2367/ but doesn't include the other album, see http://www.shadeddog.com/discography/lsc-2500-2599/lsc-2586/

How will the two new 3 Channel Stereo SACDs sell? They just came out, so we won't know for a week or two. But I do see that the two earlier 3 Channel Stereo SACDs in the Living Stereo SACD series from Analogue Productions are at #7 and #14 on the best sellers chart. So they are selling.

Top Sellers at Acoustic Sounds, Last 30 Days
http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=topsellers

Has this material come out in the past on a Sony BMG Living Stereo SACD? I'm having a problem determining this.

update: I see that Nightingale is on the Scherazade disk. But what about the Kije?

Attachments

• APO_Reiner.jpg
    APO_Reiner.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 160
Has this material come out in the past on a Sony BMG Living Stereo SACD? I'm having a problem determining this.

update: I see that Nightingale is on the Scherazade disk. But what about the Kije?

My understanding is that the Analogue Productions 3-Channel Living Stereo SACDs follow the original Vinyl LP tracks vs. the earlier RCA SACDs.
It wouldn't be surprising to see that some of the tracks on a specific AP release have been out before on SACD and others have not.

I think this is the first one that hasn't been entirely previously released by Sony BMG. The Lt. Kije is a new release, so I put in my order at Elusive.

I'll have the opportunity to compare Nightingale to the previous release.

I think this is the first one that hasn't been entirely previously released by Sony BMG. The Lt. Kije is a new release, so I put in my order at Elusive.

I'll have the opportunity to compare Nightingale to the previous release.

So cupboy, I'm curious to hear whether you did buy the Analogue Production SACD and if you managed to compare it with the RCA SACD. Thanks for your comments!

So cupboy, I'm curious to hear whether you did buy the Analogue Production SACD and if you managed to compare it with the RCA SACD. Thanks for your comments!

Yes I did and the RCA SACD came out ahead on the Nightingale track.

Yes I did and the RCA SACD came out ahead on the Nightingale track.

Thanks! When I heard it for the first time earlier tonight I was really impressed with how detailed the whole thing was and how huge the soundstage was. I was trying to imagine how it could be bettered. The Scheherazade part of the album sounded great but did not have as much presence, so I might try the Analogue Production SACD for it.

Reiner Festival is out already. 3 channel. Kiril Kondrashin - Khachaturian: The Masquerade Suite/ Kabalevsky: The Comedians .... this is 2 channel and they cut over a half hour off of the CD version by removing the two excellent Capriccios -- I almost bought it by accident!

Back