3 Channel Stereo SACDs from RCA Living Stereo Catalog

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Analogue Productions is taking orders for their first set of 3 Channel Stereo SACDs from the classic RCA Living Stereo albums. Owner Chad Kassem says that the new Remastered Editions will represent an upgrade and improvement over the original SACD editions released by RCA several years ago. This group includes:

3 Channel Stereo - RCA Living Stereo SACD Remasters - November 22, 2013 - Release Date
  • Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony - Moussorgsky/Ravel: Pictures At An Exhibition (Analogue Productions CAPC 2201 SA)
  • Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony - Respighi: Pines of Rome & Fountains of Rome (Analogue Productions CAPC 2436 SA)
  • Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony - Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade (Analogue Productions CAPC 2446 SA)
3 Channel Stereo - RCA Living Stereo SACD Remasters - December 27, 2013 - Release Date
  • Arthur Fiedler, Boston Pops - Gershwin: An American In Paris / Rhapsody In Blue (Analogue Productions CAPC 2367 SA)
  • Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony - The Reiner Sound (Analogue Productions CAPC 2183 SA)
  • Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony - Spain (Analogue Productions CAPC 2230 SA)

While I'd certainly be interested in hearing these, I'm certain the price will almost be triple the price of the RCA SACDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'd certainly be interested in hearing these, I'm certain the price will almost be triple the price of the RCA SACDs.

The original Living Stereo SACDs are still out there at very reasonable prices the last time I checked. So a key for this series will be the quality of the remastering. We'll see how the market responds !

The Fiedler version of Rhapsody in Blue with Earl Wild on piano is my favorite piece of recorded music of all time, so i hope these are somewhat reasonably priced (and improved from the RCA versions sound quality wise).

The Absolute Sound has apparently heard the new SACD Remasters and have given them rare reviews. Elusive Disc's web site says of this upcoming 3 Channel Stereo SACD:

"...I'd have to say that the usual stumbling blocks have been sidestepped. Great care has been taken to do the right things, starting with the way the decision to remaster these RCAs was made." - Jonathan Valin, The Absolute Sound.com, June 11, 2013"
http://www.elusivedisc.com/GERSHWIN...RHAPSODY-IN-BLUE-SACD/productinfo/APSAMR2367/

The Fiedler version of Rhapsody in Blue with Earl Wild on piano is my favorite piece of recorded music of all time, so i hope these are somewhat reasonably priced (and improved from the RCA versions sound quality wise).
They are $30 each.

I wish I had one of those devices that Analog Productions does, you know, the one where you pass something through it and it's automatically more expensive?

I'm not sure how they can claim that these are going to be a substantial upgrade in quality when the golden god, Steve Hoffman himself, posted a thread on his forum encouraging forum members to buy the original RCA SACD's because they were so good sounding.

I've heard some of the original RCA ones and found none of them to be very impressive.

I wish I had one of those devices that Analog Productions does, you know, the one where you pass something through it and it's automatically more expensive?

I'm not sure how they can claim that these are going to be a substantial upgrade in quality when the golden god, Steve Hoffman himself, posted a thread on his forum encouraging forum members to buy the original RCA SACD's because they were so good sounding.

That's what the early reviewers are saying. We will know more when they are released.

The main upside for me in the upcoming releases is the Heifetz Rozsa Concerto--it wasn't released on SACD in the first batch from RCA.

The main upside for me in the upcoming releases is the Heifetz Rozsa Concerto--it wasn't released on SACD in the first batch from RCA.

Heifetz was an amazing musician (if, as I remember reading, a somewhat ornery one) and this would be a good start in putting out more of his work in hi-rez.

ED :)

I bought this SACD a few years ago. It doesn't disappoint. I need more of this master's stuff.
f5_2432823_0_DoubleConcertosBachMozartBrahm.jpg

Heifetz was an amazing musician (if, as I remember reading, a somewhat ornery one) and this would be a good start in putting out more of his work in hi-rez.

ED :)

It's hard to go wrong with Heifetz! Now, a couple were recorded in two channel, not three, if that matters.

Interesting. Is this one of their 3 Channel Stereo SACD Remasters ?

Analogue Productions is taking orders for their first set of 3 Channel Stereo SACDs from the classic RCA Living Stereo albums. Owner Chad Kassem says that the new Remastered Editions will represent an upgrade and improvement over the original SACD editions released by RCA several years ago.

Hmm, there's not much room for improvement IMO. Those RCA SACDs sound amazing and were dirt cheap (at least as of a few years ago).

The Fiedler version of Rhapsody in Blue with Earl Wild on piano is my favorite piece of recorded music of all time

Yes! It's my favorite Rhapsody. The Concerto in F is also brilliantly performed.

Hmm, there's not much room for improvement IMO. Those RCA SACDs sound amazing and were dirt cheap (at least as of a few years ago).
Yes! It's my favorite Rhapsody. The Concerto in F is also brilliantly performed.

We will see. The early reviews of the Analogue Productions vinyl editions claim even further improvement. The SACDs are slated to come out after the vinyl editions have been on the market awhile.

Back