Steven Wilson Any progress on negotiations to remix Gentle Giant catalogue?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pockets17red

Hello Steven, you are currently my favorite artist right now, and saw you twice on your tour here in the United States.
I think it was earlier this year that I heard that there were plans to discuss remixing the Gentle Giant catalogue with you.
I was wondering if those discussions have happened and if they have, could you tell us if the plans are a go, or any information you are allowed to give?
Gentle Giant is one of my top 3 favorite "classic" prog bands, so I am very eager to know if there is any possibility of Steven Wilson remixes.
I already have the GG Free Hand and In'terview Quad DVD-Videos released last year and loved those.:eek:

Since the forum has been updated, my earlier post in this thread was lost, so I'm reposting for you all to enjoy the great news:

From Gentle Giant's Facebook page:
Steve Wilson remixing "The Power & The Glory". DVD & Blu-Ray disc with each song animated showing the concept behind the album.
Out in March 2014!

OMG!!! I'm so excited about this!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It's an interesting (if not terribly commercial) choice; certainly lacking the sales potential of Tull or ELP. But given the band, should be a fine listen when it does come out.

ED :)

Sorry guys,

Steven Wilson tells me to tell you that this news item was a mistake (I guess someone heard a rumour and got over-excited).

To date, no Gentle Giant album has been remixed by SW or anyone.

Sorry guys,

Steven Wilson tells me to tell you that this news item was a mistake (I guess someone heard a rumour and got over-excited).

To date, no Gentle Giant album has been remixed by SW or anyone.

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Well, to set the record straight, I DID see that news item on Gentle Giant's Facebook page the day before it was removed, so please do not shoot the messenger (i.e., me, not that anyone on here would though…) ;)

Folks, sorry for the confusion over this one! As you now know I did remix Power and the Glory in the end. Currently there are no plans for any more GG albums to be remixed - I don't think any other sets of multitrack have turned up.

We will continue to hope that such tapes surface and that your schedule permits you to create the joy that we have with The Power and The Glory!

From QQ HQ

Last edited:
I certainly hope that tapes can be found for at least "Octopus" and "In A Glass House" as those would be great in surround.

Then again, I have enjoyed pretty much everything that you have remixed in surround so keep surprising us with great gems like "Songs from the Big Chair"! :)

Damn; I was looking forward to more GG. P & G in 5.1 is sublime.

Folks, sorry for the confusion over this one! As you now know I did remix Power and the Glory in the end. Currently there are no plans for any more GG albums to be remixed - I don't think any other sets of multitrack have turned up.

That's a pity, its a blinder of a mix, and the visuals just enhance an incredible release. Lets hope the multis can be found for the rest of the Gentle Giant catalogue - they'd be great in 5.1

Back