Roger Waters Amused to Death in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the same Hybrid SACD - DSD listing from when I pre-ordered on April 05. Maybe, they are releasing a separate CD edition too?
I read that Sony wanted to release a CD of the new stereo mix and that there would also be another multi-channel format release as well (DVD?, DVD-A? Blu-ray - probably not). But it may not have the same high res specs as the SACD. We'll see. This info came from several recent articles about this release.

I DO hope they get their ACT together and release this album on Blu Ray Audio

I read that Sony wanted to release a CD of the new stereo mix and that there would also be another multi-channel format release as well (DVD?, DVD-A? Blu-ray - probably not). But it may not have the same high res specs as the SACD. We'll see. This info came from several recent articles about this release.

Perhaps Sony will re-introduce the Dolby Digital 5.1 dualdisc.

What I really can't understand is how creating a brand new 5.1 mix takes a matter of weeks to Steven Wilson and more than a year to James Guthrie. Can anybody with more technical knowledge than me help me understand the difference? Isn't a comparable in terms of multitracks complexity a Yes or KC record to Amused to Death?

In Princeton conference it was said that the DSD mastering is not done yet, how long can that approximately take from a pure tech point of view?

Who knows how long it takes either to actually create what they do.
I'm guessing that the creation is the least of it.
Compare the machine that is Pink Floyd to XTC.
How long have we been waiting for TOAPP and Beat?
Those are long in the can, one word Fripp.
There are a ton of things outside the control of the actual "doers".
Pure speculation but, dealing with Andy Partridge, Roger Waters and Robert Fripp must be worlds apart as far as what can get done in a given time frame.

It took a lot of time and detective work to locate all the tracks which were recorded at various studios in different formats (analogue, digital). And a Roger Waters album has many musical and non-musical elements to consider.

Don't care when it gets here as long as it finally gets here. I'll buy the LP. SACD and if he releases a Blu-ray. I'll get that too !!!

Still no date set for the release of this....at least according to Acoustic Sounds & Amazon...

I'm not amused... all this waiting will be the death of me.... :D

This isn't based on anything concrete, but I wouldn't expect to see this come out this year if The Wall Live BluRay and PF's Endless River are both on the schedule.

Back