Steven Wilson Center Channel lead vocals question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I am thinking is simply removing the center stool and placing the speaker sideways on a small table for movies. I only watch one a week, so it is only a temporary challenge.

All 5 tweeters are at ear level now. Golden rule. :)

I spend hours each week listening to music.

But, I may take your advice of wall mounting the plasma. It gives an early reflection point for the center speaker.

The only audio components that need to be in the mix are the Oppo and the Onkyo. I can place them on small stands between the 3 fronts.

Audio wins over video. :)
A happy day for you when the Audio all comes together. The next test will be that after you become accustomed to the new sound will it still seem perfect in every way or will your ears start to find weaknesses.

A happy day for you when the Audio all comes together. The next test will be that after you become accustomed to the new sound will it still seem perfect in every way or will your ears start to find weaknesses.

It is always a work in progress isn't it ? :)

OK, but who wants to keep he same girl? rather have the car, and more girls than just one! Like a chip, one is never enough

My boyfriend, for one. With different hair colors and outfits, it only seems like he has more than one girl. :smokin

And yes, ProgRules, good music can set the table. Good surround music makes a woman excited about being surrounded by a warm, handsome guy. :sun

What I am thinking is simply removing the center stool and placing the speaker sideways on a small table for movies. I only watch one a week, so it is only a temporary challenge.

All 5 tweeters are at ear level now. Golden rule. :)

I spend hours each week listening to music.

But, I may take your advice of wall mounting the plasma. It gives an early reflection point for the center speaker.

The only audio components that need to be in the mix are the Oppo and the Onkyo. I can place them on small stands between the 3 fronts.

Audio wins over video. :)

I thought putting a vertically-arraigned bookshelf speaker on its side could sound iffy due to it being off-axis (or something like that!?)..? :eek: probably better to shift the TV up a bit to accommodate the speaker the right way up, would be my 2p :)

I thought putting a vertically-arraigned bookshelf speaker on its side could sound iffy due to it being off-axis (or something like that!?)..? :eek: probably better to shift the TV up a bit to accommodate the speaker the right way up, would be my 2p :)

That would only be for movie dialogue playback.

Why muck with the picture alignment, just to listen to dialogue.

I have had a vertically aligned centre channel speaker for over a year without a noticable loss.

I meant putting a 2-way vertical speaker horizontally on its side was supposed to be a no-no in general not just with movies due to the tweeter of that speaker being offset to either left or right depending on which way you flip it but I could be talking a load of phooey and probably am! :)

I meant putting a 2-way vertical speaker horizontally on its side was supposed to be a no-no in general not just with movies due to the tweeter of that speaker being offset to either left or right depending on which way you flip it but I could be talking a load of phooey and probably am! :)

It generally is a no-no for sure.

The Mites I own have great off axis dispersion, so using them horizontally (I said vertically in the previous post) make little difference if any.

I will be wall mounting the plasma this weekend and getting rid of the TV stand.

I plan on using two small tables (one for the receiver and the other for the Oppo) instead.

That should give some more breathing room.

I'll post a pic when I'm done.

It generally is a no-no for sure.

The Mites I own have great off axis dispersion, so using them horizontally (I said vertically in the previous post) make little difference if any.

I will be wall mounting the plasma this weekend and getting rid of the TV stand.

I plan on using two small tables (one for the receiver and the other for the Oppo) instead.

That should give some more breathing room.

I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Look forward to seeing your pics :)

I picked up a Sanus wall mount for the plasma, a new bias lighting system, some vibration isolation materials for the Oppo and a few tools I didn't have today.

Wish me luck.

I picked up a Sanus wall mount for the plasma, a new bias lighting system, some vibration isolation materials for the Oppo and a few tools I didn't have today.

Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Interested in seeing pics of your finished project, also hearing your thoughts on the bias lighting- something I've thought of doing.

Good luck!

Interested in seeing pics of your finished project, also hearing your thoughts on the bias lighting- something I've thought of doing.

The jury is still out on the Ikea Dioder as a bias light. My previous light was great. It was huge improvement to me.

Here is a quick snap.

I mounted my Oppo 80 on ball bearings which seems to have tamed a nasty room resonance I had.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 131
Here are a few more shots.

Attachments

• new front.jpg
    new front.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 115
  • oppo float.jpg
    oppo float.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 122