HiRez Poll Scorpions - MOMENT OF GLORY [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of the Scorpions - MOMENT OF GLORY

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Hey everyone, I'm sorry I'm too lazy to look through all the threads my "Scorpions Moment of Glory" search found, but I've just got one question:
The SACD is obviously a true collectors' item, but is the mix on the easily-purchased BD of the tour comparable to the SACD mix?

No, the Scorpions Blu Rays have poor 5.1 mixes, more like 3.1.

I was never much of a Scorpions fan but I love this disc. The Orchestra really adds/compliments the Scorpions music, which I would find rather bland otherwise. I don't own the disc but have heard the SACD rip. I would purchase it if it was re-released or a copy was available at a reasonable price. I won't cast a vote at this time as I don't own it but would likely give it at least an 8 or 9.

As a long time Scorpions fan, and a casual classical fan, I was really excited to find out this existed. As far as this fusion experiment goes, I think it works well on some songs, especially Hurricane 2000, Lady Starlight, Still Loving You, Wind of Change, and the instrumentals (Crossfire and Deadly Sting Suite are really cool). Other songs don't work at all for me (I don't really enjoy groups of children singing with the Scorpions, or the other guest vocalists that show up on the other songs). I don't like the "new" originals here, either (Moment Of Glory and Here In My Heart). In terms of fidelity and mix, I think the sound is phenomenal (my only quip is that occasionally the orchestra overshadows the guitar solos) and the surround mix is excellent (lots of discrete activity in the surround channels including orchestral elements, background vocals, and various guitars). If I were to vote on this I'd give 1.5/3 for content (since I really like half the album), 2.5/3 for fidelity, 3/3 for surround, and 1 bonus for trying such a cool experiment. So 8. (But I won't vote since my comments are based on an SACD rip and not the physical disc).

based on conversion, content is solid 9 I like Scorpions seen em twice very good show, sonics are ok not terrible clarity and detail are there low end is kinda muddy/blurry , mix is not great vocals are very center channeled and I dont like that for music , so rated 7 overall, good content brought down by mix and sonics

No, the Scorpions Blu Rays have poor 5.1 mixes, more like 3.1.
I should of read (re-read) this post before buying the Blu-ray. Actually I might of bought it anyway as it wasn't very expensive. My greatest hope was that it would turn out to be a Blu-ray audio version of the SACD. Well it is just a typical concert video. The sound is very spacious, but front oriented with ambiance from the rear, you have to tip the balance to the back to be able to notice that the rears are playing at all. I don't think that it is the same performance either, all the announcements are in German.

Back