HiRez Poll Coltrane, John - 1960 DUESSELDORF [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of John Coltrane - 1960 DUESSELDORF

• 10: Great surround, Great Audio, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor surround, Poor audio, poor content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 5.0 BluRay Pure Audio release:

coltrane back.jpg
coletrane front.jpg

I know that the original recording is from 1960 and that one as a multichannel release, hope for a good surround session?

Who likes this kind of the jazz, I absolutely, that has not necessarily effected a bad buy. But now the question, if comes out something so, besides, why then as a multichannel release? These isn`t 5.1, how in the menu given and also with the best will in the world not 5.0, how at the cover back shown. Yeeesssss, I have held my ears 5 cm near to the rears, I have heard what, a little whisper. :mad:@: The sound of the front is completely OK, in the width a little bit limited, rather pressed between the loudspeakers, but there`s a differentiation of the instruments to hear. The dynamic is OK.

They can't even spell Dusseldorf!!

This concert is from March 28th 1960.

The complete concert is presented here. It is also available on DVD with two other complete concerts:
Baden-Baden, Germany, December 4th 1961
Comblain-La-Tour, Belgium, August 1st 1965

16038069-origpic-102e53.jpg

They can't even spell Dusseldorf!!

Strictly correct or not, "ü" and "ue" are often used interchangeably to make it easy to represent the "ü" in situations where an umlaut can't be used. My own real-world surname is now spelled with an "oe" but at the time of my great-grandfather's one-way trip to the USA was spelled with an "ö".

Any thoughts on the mix, please?

I'm guessing that this has great music, great sound but non-existent surround? Can anybody confirm? If it has good surround I will be tempted. Thanks.

P.S. For anybody, like Odys, who is desperate to hear tracks 2,5 and 8, I was amused to see that you can buy all the tracks individually on Amazon.co.uk. 8 minutes of Coltrane or 8s of applause, it's up to you!

Back