Universal Music DSD Downloads at Super HiRez

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Super HiRez.Com has added their first Stereo DSD Downloads from Universal Music on Dec. 17th: Gaucho by Steely Dan, Eat A Peach by Allman Brothers and Sea Change by Beck.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&orderby=12&NewArrivals=true&categoryID=372

This was followed by 4 more Stereo DSD Downloads from Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center in Boulder featuring Diana Krall - Love Scenes, Look of Love, When I Look In Your Eyes and The Girl In the Other Room on December 18th.

And 3 more Stereo DSD Downloads on December 19th: Singles 1969-1981 by the Carpenters, O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack and The Marvin Gaye Collection. All created from the SACD Master Tapes by Gus Skinas.

The Multichannel DSD Downloads are still to come. Stay tuned....

Well, it will be interesting in seeing what titles they choose for those releases since I see at least 13 of the stereo titles that have previously been released in quad or surround. Those would see to have been an obvious choice for multi channel releases.

Well, it will be interesting in seeing what titles they choose for those releases since I see at least 13 of the stereo titles that have previously been released in quad or surround. Those would see to have been an obvious choice for multi channel releases.

They are rolling them out in 2 Channel and then later in Multichannel. Most likely based on the sales of the earlier SACD editions. So I think we'll see the same ones at first when the Multichannel DSD Downloads start.

There's a similar pattern over at Blue Coast Music where the Joe McQueen album was the second one to be posted as a Stereo DSD Download from isoMike. When the isoMike 4 Channel DSD Downloads arrive in 2014, I think we'll see the Joe McQueen album in the first wave there as well.

And don't forget the sites that already have Multichannel DSD Downloads - like Channel Classics and David Elias' site. Nice to see some early pioneers in the Multichannel DSD Download world.

Back