Beatles US Album Box Due 1/20/14

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its a bootleg, I'd have thought that the remaining Beatles, plus Apple Records, would have stomped on it in Japan. Although I can't find any 'official' listing of it on CD.

Addition: Just found on amazon.com a few people saying its a rip to CD of Vinyl.

Last edited:
1965 Hollywood Bowl Screamers:
rock-beatles-screaming.jpg
It appears that a few are sweaters.

I'll bet it's filled with the sound screaming girls, instead of them.:mad:@:

btw, I'm glad they're using the 2009 remasters where appropriate. Listening to those original Duophonic recordings are very hard on the ears with our current playback equipment. I only played those capitol discs a couple of times after I purchased them.

yes and if capitol look really hard they'll find some real gems in their vaults, like "I should have known better" in true stereo but without the harmonica stop at the beginning as found on only the USA vinyl pressing of reel music.

yes and if capitol look really hard they'll find some real gems in their vaults, like "I should have known better" in true stereo but without the harmonica stop at the beginning as found on only the USA vinyl pressing of reel music.

Do you mean the version on Reel Music DOES have the harmonica stop or doesn't? I don't have that album so I don't know.

If it DOES, that version is also on Beatles Again/Hey Jude.

Doug

and the funny thing about Beatles - Again/ Hey jude is that whilst capitol did no mono version of it ,the Brazillain mono Lp actually does use some true mono mixes "I should have known better" being the obvious one to pick.

Although I have hundreds of Beatles CD's/LP's, I don't have Reel Music. I NEED it!
View attachment 12353

I do have the Beatles Medley 45:
View attachment 12355
View attachment 12354
yes you do...but only the USA pressing...all the overseas pressings of Reel Music use the regular stereo version of "I should have known better"

(the usa cassette of reel music might have it too, but I can't positively remember at this hour without playing it)

and then there's the withdrawn 12" 33RPM of the movie medley,,,which has a different b side of just movie interviews.the track was titled "fab four in film"..but they had to pull it because UA complained..on copyright...but there were heaps of samples made that you see on ebay every week..
here's one listing (for I think way too much money at the moment)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/38080128240...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=380801282408&_rdc=1

should I add in the true stereo version of "I'll Cry Instead" (the long 2.08 version) found on the USA laserdisc (the regular version is about 1.45) and the UA soundtrack lp had the long version only in mono or fake stereo..

and then that leads me to "A Hard Day's Night" (RS from Take 9) (Stereo) extended 10 Guitar riffs at the end lasting an extra 5 seconds over every other version found only on The Making of A hard Day's Night" laserdisc and I think videotape.

and finally the United Artists 8 track tape which has an extended mono mix of "A Hard day's night" in mono that is longer because John at the end sings "you know I feel alright" 5 times instead of the usual 3 times....

actually it would be good if they went on to do an upgraded USA rarities..

Anyone remember that "Rock and Roll Music" double LP Capitol put out, with the silver cover that the group allegedly hated?

I remember finding that for some reason, that LP gave some pretty unusual output from the QS decoder in my QRX-999 back in the day. These had to be different mixes than the originals, as there was some real nice psuedo-surround as I recall. I wonder if I still have this.

Gotta check! :)

Anyone remember that "Rock and Roll Music" double LP Capitol put out, with the silver cover that the group allegedly hated?

I remember finding that for some reason, that LP gave some pretty unusual output from the QS decoder in my QRX-999 back in the day. These had to be different mixes than the originals, as there was some real nice psuedo-surround as I recall. I wonder if I still have this.

Gotta check! :)

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_'n'_Roll_Music_(album) ...George Martin in his autobiography, as he was asked by Bhaskar Menon, the president of Capitol at the time, to approve the tapes they intended to use, and he was "appalled" because they were some of the early twin-track mono tapes they had made and were going to be transferred to stereo for the issue. Instead of approving the album as it was presented to him, Martin filtered and remixed every song. On the older tracks, "Twist and Shout", "I Saw Her Standing There", "I Wanna Be Your Man", "Boys" and "Roll Over Beethoven", Martin reversed the stereo, brought the vocal track away from the edge into the centre, and added a slight echo for a more modern sound.[6] Some of the song editing is not clean: for instance, the opening notes of "Dear Prudence" can be heard following the track "Back in the U.S.S.R.". Another example can be found towards the end of "Birthday", where Starr's's count-in to "Yer Blues" is clearly audible.

EMI Records in Britain refused to use Martin's remixed Capitol tapes, citing The Beatles' strict instructions that any reissues had to be exactly as originally recorded.The UK Parlophone double album PCSP 719 kept the original UK mixes including the five stereo mixes done for this album, the Long Tall Sally EP and "I'm Down".

However, when they reissued them as 2 buget lp's on Music For Pleasure label...the British release contained George Martin's remixed versions.[6] The 1980 UK budget releases used the American Capitol double album mixes SKBO 11537, the matrix on the MFP albums confirms this as: Vol 1 SKBO 11531 -A1 - 1 & B1 - 1 Vol 2 SBKO 11531 -A2 - 1 & B2 - 1

Just for kicks, I dug this old LP out and ran a few tracks through the Surround Master in QS mode. There were some interesting bits, but not exactly quite as astounding as I remembered it.

Here's a minute or so of the rear channels from the tune "You Can't Do That", which probably secretly means, "Hey, this is a mono tune, WTF? :yikes

YCDT.jpg

Attachments

• YCDTBacks.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
Just for kicks, I dug this old LP out and ran a few tracks through the Surround Master in QS mode. There were some interesting bits, but not exactly quite as astounding as I remembered it.

Here's a minute or so of the rear channels from the tune "You Can't Do That", which probably secretly means, "Hey, this is a mono tune, WTF? :yikes

View attachment 12357

Does a pretty nice job of pulling the vocals out of the mix. Sounds like a fun listen!

Back