Beatles US Album Box Due 1/20/14

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned the term "needle drop" on the SH forum. It means you play a record with a needle and record it to either a tape or a recordable CD.

Coincidentally, yesterday I listened to Y&T in mono in the car. Being a bit younger than me, my boyfriend asked what it was. He's only listened to the 80's CD's with the original UK albums.

Both Ed's cover and this one were pressed as promo-only vinyl back in the day.
View attachment 12711
View attachment 12707

Cover Ed posted above:
View attachment 12708
Not true. Neither one ever came out, ever, even as a promo. They are both unused prototypes.

That's what I thought too. Those two covers were in consideration for the Y&T album but lost out to the plain white background one.

And, as far as my cynicism comment. I agree with you guys re rereleasing and rereleasing the same content over and over again. It's ridiculous. I guess I just have a little more reverence for Beatles material. I can't call it the same old crap or whatever but that's just me.

Doug

As always, it's about $$$. If no one bit on these offerings, they would disappear.
And I'm the biggest sucker around.
kitty.jpg

Not true. Neither one ever came out, ever, even as a promo. They are both unused prototypes.

Larry is correct. There was a EP sized boot that came out with the blue cover. I think I have one. One side of the jacket was the butcher cover, the other side was the blue cover.

Also, remember that this cover was a big piece of the whole "Paul is Dead" thing. "On the cover of 'Yesterday and Today', we have Paul McCartney IN A BOX!!!"

It's amazing that whole thing got as widespread as it did, just over regular radio stations. Imagine if there was an internet back then!

yes for 8 track but the lp's never got done that way...but gee is that day tripper part 1 and conclusion...that's butchering of a different kind
I never bought cartridges that had songs cut up. That limited my choices quite a bit.

I played Something New from the Capitol Albums Vol. 1 earlier today and noticed some tape dropouts. So, decided to go pick up the new one at a local record store I hadn't been in for quite some time. Well, scored all kinds of goodies. The CD cost me 11.99 which is a pretty good deal as is, but they threw in a poster, a Beatles bag, and best of all a 25 track sampler. Amazing!!!

Attachments

• beatles_poster_bag_disks.jpg
    beatles_poster_bag_disks.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 96
  • beatles_sampler_disk.jpg
    beatles_sampler_disk.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 103
  • beatles_sampler_tracks.jpg
    beatles_sampler_tracks.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 99
Japan box coming soon:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-76429

Japanese original box set of The Beatles contains 5 albums released in Japan from 1964 through 1965. Each album artwork faithfully replicates the original Japanese album artwork, including obi and inner sleeve. Each album uses 2009 remaster (mono master: "Meet The Beatles," "The Beatles' Second Album" / stereo master: "A Hard Day's Night" / original stereo mix: "HELP!"). Following are the titles and release years: "Meet The Beatles (Japanese title: Beatles!) (1964)," "The Beatles' Second Album (Japanese title: Beatles No.2) (1964)," "A Hard Day's Night (Japanese title: Beatles ga Yattekuru Ya! Ya! Ya!) (1964)," "Beatles No.5 (1965)," and "HELP! (Japanese title: 4 Nin wa Idol) (1965)." Available for CD format for the first time in the world. Comes with a 100-page (subject to change) booklet with Japanese contents. Deluxe box packaging. CDs are pressed in Japan and cardboard sleeves are made in Japan.

Back