Heart: Alive in Seattle (Hybrid)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timw

Since 2002/2003
Just picked up the 2disc "Heart-Alive in Seattle Hybrid SACD/CD. If you like this band you won't be dissappointed. Ann & Nancy Wilson's voices still sound great and they have a very good band backing them up. Great song selection including 4 new songs. Very good basic "Live" mix (Band-up front with lead vocal in center. Crowd-Mostly in the rears). This is the same performance/mix as the DVD...However, what I like about this set is it's in 5.1 where the DVD is in 4.0. It's nice to hear/feel that extra kick to the bottom end with the sub!
I also like the 'hybrid' idea where you can play the same disc in both cd & sacd players. This is where DVD-A needs to get it's act together. (I've heard they are working on it ...)
Tim

timw said:
Just picked up the 2disc "Heart-Alive in Seattle Hybrid SACD/CD. If you like this band you won't be dissappointed. Ann & Nancy Wilson's voices still sound great and they have a very good band backing them up. Great song selection including 4 new songs. Very good basic "Live" mix (Band-up front with lead vocal in center. Crowd-Mostly in the rears). This is the same performance/mix as the DVD...However, what I like about this set is it's in 5.1 where the DVD is in 4.0. It's nice to hear/feel that extra kick to the bottom end with the sub!
I also like the 'hybrid' idea where you can play the same disc in both cd & sacd players. This is where DVD-A needs to get it's act together. (I've heard they are working on it ...)
Tim

Agreed, it's an enjoyable 5.1 Surround SACD for Heart and Rock fans. Not a sonic standout, but definitely fun.

Apparently this is still in print. Saw one at FYE yesterday. Had the "Made In Austria" sticker on the back, so I know it's not old stock. I wonder if this was a single-inventory title. Could be the only non-classical Sony SACD still in print.

It was single inventory in the US. I have the SACD and the Blu-Ray. Gave the DVD to a friend when the Blu-Ray hit.

This title is ESSENTIAL

Apparently this is still in print. Saw one at FYE yesterday. Had the "Made In Austria" sticker on the back, so I know it's not old stock. I wonder if this was a single-inventory title. Could be the only non-classical Sony SACD still in print.

The surround effect is minimal. It is well shot. You need a good imagination to see this on SACD. The performance is excellent. Get it on Blu-Ray.

It is an outstanding release. I wore out the DVD.

As Linda says the Blu is essential. Exemplary.

She's been burned by guys, so it figures that she might be a bitch to them. I don't know if she's been with women, but they can burn you, too.

Uh oh...inflammtory territory ahead...
1st then, she is NOT a pro if she treats "guys" that way, a pro is a pro and , any the person (who is nice), regardless of its gender , approaches or deals with you in a pro level , you should be a pro,,,
and 2nd,,if you like the same gender , then you should be rude to the opposite gender??? Methinks that is extremely immature and not becoming of someone who is supposed to be a star...
Sorry, I don't think so....

besides I always loved her..never cared for Nancy...what a letdown!

You're absolutely right. I've met upwards of 500 famous people, many were clients. Nearly all were polite and friendly. Pete Best and Frank Thomas of the White Sox were the only ones who acted like jerks. Both have reputations for being exactly that, so it wasn't a complete surprise.

Immature? You bet. I was citing a possible cause, not condoning the behavior. Whether you date guys, girls or both, you'll run across some users and rude people. It's inevitable. To dismiss an entire gender, religion, race, or ethnicity as being rotten based on the behavior of one or a few is illogical. Let's face it, many people behave in illogical ways because they aren't conscious of why they behave as they do.

As to you, Kap'n, you are always a gentleman and are truly one of the reasons QQ is a great place.

Uh oh...inflammtory territory ahead...
1st then, she is NOT a pro if she treats "guys" that way, a pro is a pro and , any the person (who is nice), regardless of its gender , approaches or deals with you in a pro level , you should be a pro,,,
and 2nd,,if you like the same gender , then you should be rude to the opposite gender??? Methinks that is extremely immature and not becoming of someone who is supposed to be a star...
Sorry, I don't think so....

besides I always loved her..never cared for Nancy...what a letdown!

You're absolutely right. I've met upwards of 500 famous people, many were clients. Nearly all were polite and friendly. Pete Best and Frank Thomas of the White Sox were the only ones who acted like jerks. Both have reputations for being exactly that, so it wasn't a complete surprise.

Immature? You bet. I was citing a possible cause, not condoning the behavior. Whether you date guys, girls or both, you'll run across some users and rude people. It's inevitable. To dismiss an entire gender, religion, race, or ethnicity as being rotten based on the behavior of one or a few is illogical. Let's face it, many people behave in illogical ways because they aren't conscious of why they behave as they do.

As to you, Kap'n, you are always a gentleman and are truly one of the reasons QQ is a great place.

Ahh Linda....you make me blush!!!!
¡¡¡Saludos!!!
:smokin

Ahh Linda....you make me blush!!!!
¡¡¡Saludos!!!
:smokin

if you don't know somebody personally, you should not make comments about them. the wilson sister and howard and roger i knew. i was living in seattle wash, my friend had gone to high school with ann and nancy. they were living in vancouver, because i believe howard and roger were not in the states for a reason. remember the draft ? they were then a bar band in vancouver, one of the biggest, we used to visit them once every couple months and stay at the old mansion they rented outside vancouver. naturally e brought the duty free liquor at the border.
now all of them were very nice to me. they made me feel welcome.later when president ford gave the amesty for men who when to canada, they came down to the states, did their public service.

I'm replying to myself but it's out of print now for sure.

Back