Next RPWL album "Wanted" to get limited edition 5.1 release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Musically, I like this one better than "World Through My Eyes". Some tunes are pretty floydish, but that ain't necessarily a bad thing. Though it's only DD sound is pretty good and the surround mix is great. No poll so far, or am I missing it?

Guys.... This album is fast becoming a favourite of mine. What an awesome disc. Music, mix, sound quality are fantastic, even though it's only DD :-/

This is one of those albums that grow on you with repeated listens. First couple spins, I thought, well this is okay. Lyrics-wise, they're taking on religion and at first I thought the texts were a bit tacky, but I actually like them a lot now.

"Instead we all follow a book and hold on to fear. But in the end we are what we try to be."

Fun fact: given they have an axe to grind with religion, it's a bit ironic that THOSE GUITAR SOLOS are DIVINE. ;-) As you listen more and the songs unfold, you realize how rich and beautiful this is. Another thing they borrowed from Pink Floyd, I guess!

Seriously, get this album. You won't regret it. Fantastic job by the guys.

I have listened and liked RPWL over the years, but this new one is taking things to a higher level. This is still kinda Floydy, but more gutsy. The production is top notch too. Shame the DVD doesn't have a hi res stereo track, rather than just DD surround.

I just placed an order for this one. I was on the fence, mostly because it is DD, but I decided to go for it since you all say it sounds good. I have actually been an RPWL fan for many years and I saw them live last year in Quebec City, so I am confident I will like the music. I was only concerned about the 5.1 mix and sound quality.

I've been giving this a good listen. Thanks QQ for bringing it up as it wasn't on my radar before but definitely an enjoyable listen. Firstly the dolby digital is a serious missed opportunity for this band to shine as there are some nice discrete mixes let down by the limitations of dolby 5.1. It has been mentioned the lead singer sounds like David Gilmour, he certainly does, circa Momentary Lapse of Reason/ Division Bell not so much the earlier Floyd catalogue. About half the songs could have been that album between Momentary Lapse and Division Bell that was never released :)
If RPWL read this I would suggest they have less songs and make the stronger songs longer with prog transitions, Swords and Guns is an outstanding track and there is much potential in a few others. It seems they have a prog following but to my ears most of this album is rock and not prog. This is my first exposure to RPWL I'll read a bit more about their other 5.1 work before making the financial plunge on those. I'd definitely see them live if they came to Australia.

A few more listens and still growing on me, taken the plunge on World Through My Eyes and Stock, navigating Amazon.de was a challenge as I couldn't find a translation tool but it looks like it has processed correctly. RPWL you have a few new fans in Australia, my non-surround mates like your work too.

I can't find their 5.1 titles on the site?

Played RPWL -Wanted 5.1 last night, really liked what I heard tune wise. Mix seemed happening, was in and out of the room. Will be more attentive next pass when I'm home again.

Tapatalk

Back