BluRay Music Video Poll Fagen/McDonald/Scaggs - Live at Lincoln Center BD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BluRay of Fagen-McDonald-Scaggs - THE DUKES OF SEPTEMBER [BluRay Video]

• 10 - Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Bad Fidelity, Bad Surround Bad Content

• Total voters
Depends on your point of view, I guess. I always saw Blu-Ray as the superior format vs. HD-DVD. :)

I had both. I found the video quality the same, but the menu system on HD-DVD was faster and far superior to those on BluRay discs, even to this day.
Fire up the "Eagles Farewell Tour" HD-DVD and watch that menu and marvel at its perfection. BluRay cannot come close - at least I've never seen it come close.

To each his own I guess.

I gave it an 8......the pq is good but the it could've used a little more oomph in the sound quality department[sounds like they toned it down a notch due to the fact it was originally a tv broadcast].

I gave it an 8 as well. I put the files to my hard drive to make a disc for the car, so I got to hear the mix channel by channel. It is a true 5.1 mix, the rears are mostly the audience and ambience, although there is applause in the fronts. The center channel is the vocals of the 3 leads with some instruments, but no audience or other audio, so soloing the center gives you a totally different listen.

If you like these guys, this is a winner. I am finding I'm liking the Boz stuff the most, probably because I haven't had his tunes embossed in my brain as much as the other two, and I do like Boz.

One more thing, there IS a DTS Master Audio stream on this disc, even though it's not mentioned on the case. Here's what on the disc, as seen in AUDIOMUXER:

Attachments

• fagen.jpg
    fagen.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 265
I bet there are no lip sync issues like on the BD too.(y)

At last, I hear from someone else about this issue with the Eagles BD. I have returned my copies and gotten new ones - all copies seem to be bad regarding the lip sync problem. And the funny/tragic thing is that the sync problem is not a subtle one, far from it. When I add maximum off Audio Delay it is pretty OK...

Strange to me that this is not more frequently mentioned on forums like this.

At last, I hear from someone else about this issue with the Eagles BD. I have returned my copies and gotten new ones - all copies seem to be bad regarding the lip sync problem. And the funny/tragic thing is that the sync problem is not a subtle one, far from it. When I add maximum off Audio Delay it is pretty OK...

Strange to me that this is not more frequently mentioned on forums like this.

Yeah, I was wondering why the BD was so cheap for an Eagles release. Now, I know. The lip sync is so bad, I can almost get it close to where it should be with correction via my OPPO BD players but it is a pain in the...

I've found a disturbing number of HD-DVDs that had skipping/lockup problems from day one or eventually became unplayable. The hybrids seem to be the worst.

I just finished watching this. It's my first Blu-Ray for my new to me Oppo. I enjoyed the music, but felt weird whenever Michael McDonald or Donald Fagen tried to hit the high notes that made me pay attention so many years ago. I guess we are all getting older..... Just out of curiousity, did anyone think it sounded kinda empty? Maybe its me because I am listening in 4.0. I felt like the vocals were sorta phased out. I will play it again, but I doubt I will have it in heavy rotation.

Just watched this. A fine way to spend 90 minutes. I generally agree with the previous comments. I was expecting that Fagen would shine, which he mostly did but not as brightly as Boz IMO. John Herington is a very fine player and makes it look effortless.

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I watched this concert....I was really expecting much more from these guys...the biggest shock was how bad Michael McDonald sounded...I have 2 other concerts with him and he sounded great...his voice sounded bad in this one...and because I love Fagen's hi rez discs I am used to better vocals...but it didn't work out that way...Boz was the easy winner in this one...I sold this disc shortly after I got it...

Just watched the PBS/1080i/5.1/mix; AWESOME! Don't know what the BD sounds like, but my DVR now has a new great show; vocals, band, & mix were fabulous. No complaints on my end!

Back