Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
From the recent announcement about Steven Wilson's 60GB sound library Ghostwriter, comes these clues:

1. The Ghostwriter credits:

Wilson has become known for his 5.1 surround sound mixes, starting with his own projects, but more recently for remixing the catalogues of King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Roxy Music, XTC, and Yes, among others. His surround sound mixes have been Grammy nominated on four occasions, and he has twice won “Album of the Year” at the Surround Music Awards.

2. "This guy is remixing our debut LP in 5.1 surround sound, so I was listening to The Bob and I was laughing. It's pure prog. The whole of that first album sounds so weird. It's such a mish-mash of stuff. Roxy just wouldn't get signed today."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/sep/02/roxy-music-40-years

3. Circle back to the QQ guessing game and I think we know now what we didn't then:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...in&highlight=which+1972+album+wilson+surround

Last edited:
This is only about the first album being prepped. While I would love to have most of the albums, I suspect SW is only interested in the early more experimental material and maybe just this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is only about the first album being prepped. While I would love to have most of the albums, I suspect SW is only interested in the early more experimental material and maybe just this one.

If I could have only one, it would be their debut.

I suspect SW is only interested in the early more experimental material and maybe just this one.

For Your "Pleasure was Pretty" OUT THERE and very Experimental..........here's hoping it gets the same treatment. :banana:

If this (Roxy Music) is the mix he's done... then issue it please...

First five - any of them would be great. I just won this on ebay yesterday! Roxy.jpg

That is the seller's socked foot by the way....

Is this dead or alive?

It's never been alive in the since that it was never officially announced for release.
We only found out about it by connecting the clues together.

I don't think that it will ever be 100% dead simply because Universal (who now own Virgin/EMI) could always release it as an HFPA (or even a CD/DVD-A or CD/DVD-V release) but I would not expect it anytime soon at all.

Back