Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price shifting continues...the box set is out of stock..BUT...it's back up in price..now $137.19 on amazon

Congrats to you, Clint, for probably getting the very best deal on this ROXY boxset but after reading Phil Manzanera's interview above [he claims it took over 5 years to get this set to fruition] doubtful there will be any more, especially in view of the puny monetary incentive derived by the band for their efforts.

IMO, the most cost effective way of foreseeing any future Roxy releases would be to have Steve Wilson remix their entire catalogue into 5.1, forego the boxsets and release them as stand alone BD~As with included bonus materials.

Wow, that really is crazy and makes no sense...

I remember when Bridge over Troubled Waters kept changing prices...even though it wasn't even active...but it was only for small amounts...not the amounts being changed here..unless they are trying to gauge interest on how many they could sell at that price..I'm sure they have a surplus due to the initial price being too high..

Wow, that really is crazy and makes no sense...

Sure it does........means they had a sheeeeeeetload that no one was buying at the high cost had to make room for other stuff........get it down out the door then when they've made a dent bring it up to find the price point that works.....probably see another reduction later if they not moving at 130s dunno if as low as 79 but perhaps. Maybe some flash sales too.

Looks at some videos of Amazon warehouses......they keep stuff moving and do not like dead weight taking up room. I think they are fine even taking a big loss on items, if it means they can make room for more stuff they can move and make the profits.

Those Amazon warehouse videos on Youtube are amazing - the one with the robots :yikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLVCGEmkJs0

Sure it does........means they had a sheeeeeeetload that no one was buying at the high cost had to make room for other stuff........get it down out the door then when they've made a dent bring it up to find the price point that works.....probably see another reduction later if they not moving at 130s dunno if as low as 79 but perhaps. Maybe some flash sales too.

Looks at some videos of Amazon warehouses......they keep stuff moving and do not like dead weight taking up room. I think they are fine even taking a big loss on items, if it means they can make room for more stuff they can move and make the profits.

Those Amazon warehouse videos on Youtube are amazing - the one with the robots :yikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLVCGEmkJs0

Snood, four earred still anxiously awaiting drone delivery to me front door!

Finally got to listen to this and I gotta say WOW!! What an unreal mix. 10/10 for me.

$79,45 now but unavailable on the american amazon, anyway I made an order and see how it turns out. $80 is definitely more sane than the double.

It's still out of stock on amazon.com, but the new price is the lowest yet!
$64.36 is the new price.
This is crazy...

:yikes

Really crazy with all the price changes. I went and ordered another copy at the $64 price - if they ship it I'll probably use it as a gift, or hang on to it for a while and see if it "appreciates"

It's still out of stock on amazon.com, but the new price is the lowest yet!
$64.36 is the new price.
This is crazy...

:yikes

I saw that price earlier today in the sales thread ...I hope people that want this title place their orders on this price...it's easy to cancel orders on amazon..just one click...nothing to lose...for me...this qualifies as the most bizarre price fluctuation I have ever seen on a title in a relatively short period of time...I just wonder what the other outlets(like bullmoose)think of this...this has got to affect(there's that word again Gos)them if they have a large inventory...I think that the record company struck a deal with amazon...instead of admitting publicly that they made a big mistake...they are sending the bulk of their remaining inventory to amazon...and even if the margin is small for amazon..it hurts their competitors...which leads me to believe that amazon will get more in stock...because the inverse will happen if they don't get more inventory..after this dramatic price decrease and they don't have them to sell.. the backlash will be considerable...

But in the end...the "schmucks" at the record company are going to look foolish...because the die hard fans that ordered early and paid a much higher price aren't going to be happy..

I got an email notification this morning about the price....and you know...Im gonna let it roll....and wait for a new lower price. This is called revenge of the fans. They have so offended the real fans of this group with their price gouging that many including me have refused to buy this. There is not much I want in this set except the 5.1 as they have deleted other things I would have been interested in like a new stereo remix not the 20 year old one that now comes without the HDCD encoding and the B sides. Hell Andy McKay should be pissed about that. I don't care about early versions with former members that will be listened to once...anyone remember disc 1 of the Velvet Underground box set? I like Prominent Men nothing else is worth listening to on that first cd.
Only a small segment of Roxy fans, members here care about the 5.1 remix.

My price is $35 Bryan Ferry.....:)

I saw that price earlier today in the sales thread ..I think that the record company struck a deal with amazon...instead of admitting publicly that they made a big mistake...they are sending the bulk of their remaining inventory to amazon...and even if the margin is small for amazon..it hurts their competitors...which leads me to believe that amazon will get more in stock...because the inverse will happen if they don't get more inventory..after this dramatic price decrease and they don't have them to sell.. the backlash will be considerable...

Intriguing theory that sounds plausible.

The guys running the similar circus with the Toto release had at least a little sense in taking pre-orders before actually cranking out a boat load of copies that won't move at their price point.

Just cancelled my previous $79.45 order and bought it again at $64.36 and got an arrival date of March 8-9. Hard to believe the price drop but it sounds like it's on it's way. Probably wouldn't have gotten this without the new pricing. Would much rather have the Avalon SACD (if only I could find a new copy without having to finance it).:(

Just cancelled my previous $79.45 order and bought it again at $64.36 and got an arrival date of March 8-9. Hard to believe the price drop but it sounds like it's on it's way. Probably wouldn't have gotten this without the new pricing. Would much rather have the Avalon SACD (if only I could find a new copy without having to finance it).:(

I did the same. The price is getting more reasonable the longer we wait.

Got to listen to the 5.1 mix
It's a challenging album for me but overall the mix is very well suited to the avant garde music

Just a quick update: my order is still showing Mar. 8-9 delivery, but since it hasn't shipped yet, no way that's gonna happen.

Back