Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep i mind that it's very rare for SW to comment on a mix - or even reveal that he's done it, before the band involved has made an official announcement. I do seem to recall one of the interviews/articles saying that he'd of course be interested in doing more Roxy stuff though I don't recall if he said how deep into the catalogue he'd be interested in going - I'd hope for all the pre-Manifesto stuff myself.

Keep i mind that it's very rare for SW to comment on a mix - or even reveal that he's done it, before the band involved has made an official announcement. I do seem to recall one of the interviews/articles saying that he'd of course be interested in doing more Roxy stuff though I don't recall if he said how deep into the catalogue he'd be interested in going - I'd hope for all the pre-Manifesto stuff myself.

Yep, after what happened back in 2015, I think it's very wise for SW to stay silent on this matter until the band make an official announcement first and the reissue goes up for preorder.

Also, I think Steven Wilson is the best person to remix the first five Roxy Music albums, while "Manifesto" and (definitely) "Flesh + Blood" are best left to Bob Clearmountain.

:)

From http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/albums_119.php

Roxy Music are to release a deluxe edition of their debut album. An exact release date has not been announced but Bryan Ferry has stated in recent interviews that it should be released in November this year.
The track listing and artwork have been finalised and handed over so a 2017 release should see this released at last.
I cannot comment on the content at this stage until an official press release has been finalised and issued.
What I can say that there over the 3 audio discs, DVD and 120 page booklet are many recordings, footage and photographs never previously released before.
More details will be published here as soon as they can be announced.

BTW the picture on that page is not what it looks like. That's just a collection of its various releases from over the years.

:)

How bout a SW of Eno's first four albums? That would be cool too!

I wore out my first LP copy of Here Come the Warm Jets. I would love to see the early stuff get the sound sound treatment.
Later stuff is just pretentious ambient crap though. I have no idea how people can listen to that stuff ... and I have tried. :confused:

We've waiting so long for this one that I half expected that Wax Cylinders would have come back into fashion! :ugham:

I am sure that in some dank corner of the Internet, there is a small group of waxxies who love those things. :phones

I don't recommend that you Google "waxxies" though, especially if you are on a work computer. :ugham:

I wore out my first LP copy of Here Come the Warm Jets. I would love to see the early stuff get the sound sound treatment.
Later stuff is just pretentious ambient crap though. I have no idea how people can listen to that stuff ... and I have tried. :confused:

Conversely, Thursday Afternoon is probably the most played CD I have ever had. It works for work, reading books, etc. Apollo is great, I don't play the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking like with added Vinyl Pushing it up beyond what I want from a set
Ya this box set trend is getting to be a bit much. Now with Allen Parsons jumping on the box band wagon. I'm have limited funds, don't get me wrong, I love vinyl and have about 3K in my collection but I really just want an MC High Rez disc! For the price of Eye in the Sky you can get 4 Tull's.

Ya this box set trend is getting to be a bit much. Now with Allen Parsons jumping on the box band wagon. I'm have limited funds, don't get me wrong, I love vinyl and have about 3K in my collection but I really just want an MC High Rez disc! For the price of Eye in the Sky you can get 4 Tull's.

Parsons has said that there will be an Eye In the Sky standalone blu-ray.

Nice to see even a little more movement on this release, vague as it is. I would think though, that if a November release was really to happen the details ought to be out by now, a little "hype" starting etc. I know its not quite the same as days gone by, but things still can get lost in the "Christmas rush" and I'd hate to see any future RM packages get the nix because this one didn't so as well as hoped - even if it's because of silly bad planning. There is a cutoff point where you just have to say - "hold it back until Feb/March" and that may be approaching if they can't get this into a bit of a higher gear soon, first week Oct very latest.

If the reissue of "Roxy Music" on vinyl is any indication, looks like we might be waiting until the end of January 2018 for the full reissue...

Still taking utmost care crossing roads... might make 2018 yet! It will be worth the wait... though as each year passes my dribbling gets worse... the L.P. cover will get soaked! ?

Back