Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Steven Wilson and others in the know confirm this has been ready for release for several years.

Right, just playing Devil's Advocate here. Is there absolute confirmation that the surround mix is included in this release? Just don't want anyone getting their hopes up.
I'll probably pass unless the price is kept way down or they do a stand-alone. I just hope it sees the light of day for the hardcore fans on QQ.

I'm pretty sure this is a kitchen sink that includes the surround mix. I defer to rtbluray or plan9 to elaborate on recent reference points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure this is a kitchen sink that includes the surround mix. I defer to rtbluray or plan9 to elaborate on recent reference points.

And FWIW, I usually defer to VivaRoxyMusic.com cause the guy who runs that site is close to the project, so I keep scoping the site hoping for some kind of big announcement, but there has not been much that has been revealed yet, and so we continue to play the waiting game...

Last we talked about it, SW wasn't overly optimistic his remix would even be released, but that was ~5 months ago, so who knows what changed in the meantime... :(

People over at VivaRoxyMusic.com are getting itchy feet waiting for this release as am I, but the main site operator did say this today:
A release date has been confirmed, it's not my place to announce it yet but there will be a press release soon.

The full album was blocked on youtube but these individual songs escaped notice....I have to revisit this music...I really wasn't interested in Roxy music in the 70's....WAY too many super groups back then....

[video=youtube;m-zSnO7sbXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-zSnO7sbXg&list=PLC5C06E85499082F2[/video]

At least we have this to listen to in the meantime:
[video=youtube;y9JcyoUjw7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9JcyoUjw7Q[/video]

:)

s-l500.png

We must be getting close! [emoji4]

The picture I posted of the deluxe set does not show any vinyl included, which is a good thing!
As for that vinyl listing on amazon.co.uk, it’s been listed for several months now with the release date continuously being pushed back (probably because the release date of the box set keeps getting postponed!)
Since it’s now November with no firm announcement or release date of any kind, I think a February 2018 release date is pretty likely, unless of course they decide to push the release date back again...

ya know I grabbed the neighbors dog a few months ago and did an offering to the audio God's and for what?, dam still no release, what's up with that, can't even trust the God's anymore :howl

Just out of curiosity , does anyone know how long it's been ? (since it's original mix announcement that is )

and FWIW, I'm FAR AND AWAY more stoked about the upcoming FM 75 release .

Just out of curiosity , does anyone know how long it's been ? (since it's original mix announcement that is )

not an announcement (there hasn't been one afaik?) for some reason 2012 is in the back of my mind as to possibly when it was done?

not an announcement (there hasn't been one afaik?) for some reason 2012 is in the back of my mind as to possibly when it was done?

That’s correct. AFAIK, the remix was originally completed sometime during the second half of 2012, but Steven Wilson did not officially mention it until the Spring of 2015 when the Record Store Day 7” single was released.

I’m really excited about the upcoming Fleetwood Mac release, but nothing excites me more than “Roxy Music” and “The Seeds of Love”. I hope we will eventually get both of them next year!

Back