Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From vivaroxymusic.com:
News on this will be official and public soon. I know I have said this often but this time I know everything is in place ready for the official press/info etc. I am saying as much as I can at this point as it's not my place to say any more.

It's high time we had Eno in surround as part of a band!

Yea, he appears here and there on albums he produced, but he was an integral part of the sound on the first (and second) Roxy albums.

<obligatory rant: Eno's solo vocal albums have never been issued in surround :mad:>

Box set now up on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077Y965S9?tag=shtv.uk-21

As I'm saying a lot nowadays - please, please, please can we have a standalone bluray!

At the moment Amazon UK is showing an expensive boxset, a vinyl edition and a 2 cd edition, all for release on 2 February 2018.

There's no way the box set is 172 pounds.
That 1 in front has to be a mistake, right?
It's just 3 CDs and 1 DVD.
Guess we'll have to wait a few more days for some more info, but an expensive preorder is better than nothing, which is what we have had from Roxy Music for the last 5 years.
[602547343895]

Box set now up on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077Y965S9?tag=shtv.uk-21

As I'm saying a lot nowadays - please, please, please can we have a standalone bluray!

At the moment Amazon UK is showing an expensive boxset, a vinyl edition and a 2 cd edition, all for release on 2 February 2018.

I'm sure the price will drop but if it stays the same I'm afraid it's another one I'll be passing by. That price is obscene, I would expect it to be less than a third of that for the contents shown. I'm not a massive Roxy fan, I don't own any albums currently, but I'm interested enough to take a punt on this at the right price which unfortunately this is not. The record companies are alienating potential customers and obviously losing those sales with these box set tactics, it's their loss I guess!

Nooo..... everyone loses. Who the heck did the marketing research to put the price at 176 pounds???

Well yes, short term it is their loss. Long term, they will arguably sell less, then decide 5.1 isn't worth doing based on that, then everyone loses which is where some of my frustration lies! :(

There's no way the box set is 172 pounds.
That 1 in front has to be a mistake, right?
It's just 3 CDs and 1 DVD.
Guess we'll have to wait a few more days for some more info, but an expensive preorder is better than nothing, which is what we have had from Roxy Music for the last 5 years.
[602547343895]

I woke up this morning and the first post I looked at I see 172 pounds...and I'm thinking how could something weigh so much:burnout...and the first thing that crosses my mind is that Acoustic Sounds would probably charge a thousand dollars for shipping...oh boy...I must have been half asleep:ugham:

It's super hard for me to "get into".

Of course, I guess I've never heard it. :yikes

I haven't heard it either...so I'm going to you tube it...and the first song isn't very encouraging..sounds like Boy George on acid.....here is the full album

[video=youtube;8uvsdnQg2GY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvsdnQg2GY&list=PLijPiy4xM0heZemnXsPTbwycrJiklYdf2[/video]

It's super hard for me to "get into".

Of course, I guess I've never heard it. :yikes

Try "2H.B." and "Sea Breezes," if you can find them online -- both are beautiful! Heard Ferry sing those around Easter last year in New Orleans -- never realized he plays keyboards! He did the latter, just his voice and him on keys, and it was amazing, especially as he must be at least 70 now.

Back