Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought Aja when it was $60 and I constantly heard how bad it was...I'm glad I didn't listen...because I've enjoyed it for years now...and when it was re-issued it was $30...I bought one and gave it to a friend and she loves it...it got a knock because it was pricey and it wasn't multichannel...but the songlist on it is incredible..it's not a demo disc...but it's good...and I tried all these suggestions about CDs that people claimed were as good...but I didn't find any that actually were as good...how about this Roxy SACD....of course you could buy it HERE

If you want a bargain...and don't want to spend $100 or more for the surround version....the SHM version is excellent also...and the price has fallen over the years...the next sale at importcds I would recommend THIS ONE

The SHM~SACD of AJA is quite excellent, Clint. But the Carpenter's Singles SHM~SACD was not on my radar since I have two perfectly incredible SACD 5.1 surround versions [which I bought for $6 each from the old Columbia House] and sound absolutely INCREDIBLE on my system. WISH ALL the Carpenter albums were in surround but they lost the multitrack masters. REALLY? :yikes

I want this mix a lot but this whole fiasco has left me with a very sour taste, and with the current price being what it is....no way will I bite.

Many are quick to blame the label/company, but they've done others that are not priced so "wrong." - Is it the band/Bryan driving this? I don't know, but I just think that if feedback is going to be given to the company that it is done in a way that is respectful as they could very well be getting their direction from elsewhere.

I want this mix a lot but this whole fiasco has left me with a very sour taste, and with the current price being what it is....no way will I bite.

Many are quick to blame the label/company, but they've done others that are not priced so "wrong." - Is it the band/Bryan driving this? I don't know, but I just think that if feedback is going to be given to the company that it is done in a way that is respectful as they could very well be getting their direction from elsewhere.

You are right...it's too early to know what is going on...we need to reserve judgement...I pity the outlets...like Bullmoose ...they will have to deal with the complaints and it's not their fault...I had used their internal form to find out what happened on the price increase and part of their response included this.....Virgin and Universal raised the price and alerted us they would not honor our pre-orders.....they have not confirmed if the content is changing....it is very rare for a distributor to increase something by $100

Someone posted this at super deluxe edition, see Phil M. is more generous than Bryan Ferry in giving a T Shirt as well as a signature :)

http://manzanera.com/new/roxy-music-boxset/

either 105(UK) or 112 pounds(rest of world)

Cancelled my order with Amazon France and went with the Phil M. offer. Gradually bringing my pre-order down to a more reasonable price. (y)

Meanwhile, Sid Smith already has his copy (probably for reviewing purposes.) I'm jealous!

25438789_10158565262978504_2748159788457362512_o.jpg

Someone posted this at super deluxe edition, see Phil M. is more generous than Bryan Ferry in giving a T Shirt as well as a signature :)

http://manzanera.com/new/roxy-music-boxset/

either 105(UK) or 112 pounds(rest of world)

Really? Is the Tshirt for Phil or for Roxy?
Perhaps Bryan can up the game by also offering you a choice of boxers or briefs ,also signed.

Had I known this box set was going to take 5 years to get released I would have bought the record store day release of the extended Ladytron single and flip song both of which wont appear on this "deluxe" set...

Snood put in order for Amazon Canada which is about 98.43 US Dollars shipped - somewhat OK with that:rolleyes:

They still have it at that price. :mad:@:

The question I keep asking myself is do I like the first Roxy Music album enough to cough up even just over a £100 for it. It just seems too expensive for what you get, if it was £65-£70 and I'd just buy it. Back to musing over it....................:mad:@:

Thrown my lot in with Manzanera might as well get a new T-shit and signature.

Resigned to the fact that this is going to remain overpriced and have missed out on many things because of price in the past.

Interesting a vinyl priced box without the vinyl

amazon.com are now showing $162.44 as the current price for the box set.
Still over-priced, but at least it's better than it was...

Back