Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the amazon Canada price will hold...you would think by now they have the correct retail price...the delivered price to the US is right under $100J($99.49) at the moment...and considering there is no vinyl in this set the shipping weight isn't that much and won't be prone to as much damage for long distance shipping...it might be worth some of you to place an order with amazon Canada...even if you have one with amazon US...because you will know for sure what the price is a week before the release date...and for $60 difference...wouldn't it be worth it?.....HERE is the listing

I wonder if the amazon Canada price will hold...you would think by now they have the correct retail price...the delivered price to the US is right under $100J($99.49) at the moment...and considering there is no vinyl in this set the shipping weight isn't that much and won't be prone to as much damage for long distance shipping...it might be worth some of you to place an order with amazon Canada...even if you have one with amazon US...because you will know for sure what the price is a week before the release date...and for $60 difference...wouldn't it be worth it?.....HERE is the listing

The Sgt. Peppers didn't. This is different because they raised the price...

The Sgt. Peppers didn't. This is different because they raised the price...

That is true that they raised the price in this case...but.. there is nothing to lose by pre ordering it...regional pricing is nothing new..and it varies...many times in the past... amazon UK was cheaper for US buyers than it was to order from their own region(US)...it costs nothing to pre order and take a wait and see approach....I don't know why some people are reluctant to pre order at more than one outlet if you are using a credit card...you won't get charged unit it ships at most of these places...I still have an open order on importcds for this Roxy box set at $70...they didn't cancel my order...now I don't expect to get it at that price...but I'm leaving it in place at that price to see if they might overlook it...because I have nothing to lose...

Ah the joys of international travel. Amazon UK want £130 (less a penny), Amazon US want £119 but good old Canada only want £68.55. Ordered for delivery to US where I will pick up on next works trip. Splendid!

Oh and a Happy New Year to all :banana::cool:;)

The price continues to be a mystery on this box set...on 12/27 when I checked they had pulled the price and the set was "unavailable"....now it's back and only slighty more than it was before.....I wonder if anyone(like Snood)that ordered previously got a cancellation notice from amazon Canada...I love a good game..so I'm back in the hunt again...in my case I still have an open order on importcds which I made on 12/15 for $70.29...which wasn't cancelled...I'm sure it was just an oversight and will be discovered...I'm keeping it so I can stay in the game...current price on importcds is $130.80...so I just ordered from amazon Canada for a final price after shipping of $100.56...I'd encourage others to join the game and order from amazon Canada...they won't charge your credit card...and right now it's the best price around the globe...of course I haven't checked amazon Italy:popcorn...where is Bob Barker or Alex Trebeck when you really need them:ugham:.btw..Bob Barker is 94...just had a birthday recently...

Just checked amazon us... price is at $162 (still have my email that says I preordered at $89.99... doubtful they’ll honor the preorder price guarantee, but who knows!)

The price continues to be a mystery on this box set...on 12/27 when I checked they had pulled the price and the set was "unavailable"....now it's back and only slighty more than it was before.....I wonder if anyone(like Snood)that ordered previously got a cancellation notice from amazon Canada...I love a good game..so I'm back in the hunt again...in my case I still have an open order on importcds which I made on 12/15 for $70.29...which wasn't cancelled...I'm sure it was just an oversight and will be discovered...I'm keeping it so I can stay in the game...current price on importcds is $130.80...so I just ordered from amazon Canada for a final price after shipping of $100.56...I'd encourage others to join the game and order from amazon Canada...they won't charge your credit card...and right now it's the best price around the globe...of course I haven't checked amazon Italy:popcorn...where is Bob Barker or Alex Trebeck when you really need them:ugham:.btw..Bob Barker is 94...just had a birthday recently...

My order at amazon.ca still stands

"Re-Make/Re-Model" live from the BBC:
[video=youtube;sByu_zTmtO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByu_zTmtO0[/video]

:)

Just checked amazon us... price is at $162 (still have my email that says I preordered at $89.99... doubtful they’ll honor the preorder price guarantee, but who knows!)

Snood bet you get it at that Price :mad:@: Snood is holding out for me order on amazon CA

I was just browsing on SDE and found it as well, so I ordered £70 + £15 for 1-2 week delivery option to the UK from amazon.ca, its £130 on amazon.co.uk!

Well, the lone wolf has joined the pack...
amazon.ca has a new price of 202.47 CAD, which comes out to being around $162.50 in USD (almost exactly what the current US amazon price is)

Well, the lone wolf has joined the pack...
amazon.ca has a new price of 202.47 CAD, which comes out to being around $162.50 in USD (almost exactly what the current US amazon price is)

I just noticed that...looks like people are going to be getting their "dear john" notices soon...I pulled the plug on my order a couple of days ago...cost isn't the factor in my case...I just can't get into the content...they sure waited until the last minute...10 days until the release date:(

Really think it MIGHT be too late in the game to pull the price...9 days before release.

I could see a month ago ...but a Lil more than a week to say oh BTW here's your new price.

Snook thinking glass half full and they honor the price which would be about 101 dollars delivered:cool:

Otherwise:howl

Really think it MIGHT be too late in the game to pull the price...9 days before release.

I could see a month ago ...but a Lil more than a week to say oh BTW here's your new price.

Snook thinking glass half full and they honor the price which would be about 101 dollars delivered:cool:

Otherwise:howl

So we are talking about $61 times...let just say 100 orders...now that would be over $6 grand...I'm sure amazon won't mind losing that money...and if they knew Snood...they would do it with a smile on their face:)

The latest issue of MOJO gives this release five stars in its review. There is only a fleeting mention of the 5.1:

A new 5.1 Steven Wilson remix serves up an immersive, widescreen experience, unmasking several previously unheard vocals in the process.

This has got to be the most embarrassing release I've ever witnessed...these constant price changes and no explanation from Universal why that happened and nothing to justify the expense... or the omission of Steven Wilson's stereo mixes that they already had....just an epic failure all the way around..

This has got to be the most embarrassing release I've ever witnessed....just an epic failure all the way around

For me, it's not as bad as the Bill Bruford box set, cause I can't understand why Jakko's stereo remixes were only on the CD, and I definitely can't understand why the surround and (original) stereo audio were only in Dolby Digital on the DVD.
I even find more value in this box set than I do in the recent "Fleetwood Mac" set, even though I agree that the current prices for this set make no sense whatsoever.
Still, I'm getting very excited that I should be able to finally hear this 5.1 surround mix next weekend!

For me, it's not as bad as the Bill Bruford box set, cause I can't understand why Jakko's stereo remixes were only on the CD, and I definitely can't understand why the surround and (original) stereo audio were only in Dolby Digital on the DVD.
I even find more value in this box set than I do in the recent "Fleetwood Mac" set, even though I agree that the current prices for this set make no sense whatsoever.
Still, I'm getting very excited that I should be able to finally hear this 5.1 surround mix next weekend!

How can a company as large as Universal not be able to let their sales partners know what the actual price of the box set is...we aren't talking about notifying some mom and pop outlet...it's amazon...a major outlet for selling their product...in the business world that's way beyond inept...that is where the embarrassment meter is sky high...people lose their jobs for less...just saying.

Back