Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From VivaRoxyMusic.com, loose translation (from Spanish) from a recent Bryan Ferry interview:
"we've been working on a special edition of the first album, with a book and plenty of extra material, such as photographs, unreleased rehearsals, demos of the original tapes and the like. It's a very interesting presentation that will arrive later this year."

:)

maybe there is a production issue with the marbles for it :steering:

Great to hear some positive news on this release finally. It's a little late for the actual 45th anniversary but if they can get it out this fall at least it'll be in the right year!

Heh. Of course. But I should think that would be an asset worth mentionning. But then again, I'm not Brian Ferry. ;)

Obviously surround sound is not a high priority for everyone, and that includes members of the band too!
In this instance, I think the main draw for a lot of Roxy fans will be whatever extra material they drum up.
Apart from Disc 4 of "The Thrill Of It All" box set, Roxy Music have not really released any material at all outside of the albums themselves, so many fans are dying to hear what's been in the vaults this whole time in terms of outtakes, etc.
If the extended version of "Ladytron" is any indication, there might be lots of interesting stuff we have yet to hear!

Another thing too is that we don't yet know what form(s) this reissue will take.
I for one would like a deluxe box similar in size (and # of discs) to the recent Tears for Fears & Simple Minds sets from Universal (or also the Jethro Tull and Marillion sets from Warner/Parlophone)

Another update from vivaroxymusic.com:
I think you will find that the Avonmore Deluxe format is closer to what the Roxy one will be with large 12" book and 4 discs in card sleeves inside the cover.

A few days ago I asked on vivaroxymusic.com if anyone knew about any plans for a single Blu-Ray release of the "Roxy Music" remix, and this was the response I got:
I have only been involved in the deluxe edition and can't quote detail on its content at this point other than it will be very interesting and pleasing to fans of this era. It's been a long time coming but I am more confident now of this deluxe edition getting over the finishing line soon.

I know of no other plans as yet for any separate release for 5.1 etc.

Interesting, a hint there is 5.1 in the boxset?

A few days ago I asked on vivaroxymusic.com if anyone knew about any plans for a single Blu-Ray release of the "Roxy Music" remix, and this was the response I got:

I have only been involved in the deluxe edition and can't quote detail on its content at this point other than it will be very interesting and pleasing to fans of this era. It's been a long time coming but I am more confident now of this deluxe edition getting over the finishing line soon.

I know of no other plans as yet for any separate release for 5.1 etc.

From a recent interview with Bryan Ferry:

"This November, we are releasing a new special edition box set of the first Roxy Music album, complete with the original demo recordings and loads of previously unpublished photographs."

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/jeff_moehlis_enjoy_the_thrill_of_it_all_with_bryan_ferry_20170807

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we can soon see some movement on a 5.1 back catalogue , unless it's done and their keeping it under wraps.

Bryan played here yesterday at The Burt , but I didn't go though . Didn't know he is Seventy-One ! And still crooning .:smokin

Hopefully we can soon see some movement on a 5.1 back catalogue , unless it's done and their keeping it under wraps.

I could be wrong, but if Steven Wilson has made it past album #1, I doubt he got much further than album #2 ("For Your Pleasure")
All I hope is that if the "Roxy Music" reissue does finally come to fruition this year that we not only get the 5.1 mix in high-res but that it won't take as long for the others to come to fruition.

I could be wrong, but if Steven Wilson has made it past album #1, I doubt he got much further than album #2 ("For Your Pleasure")
All I hope is that if the "Roxy Music" reissue does finally come to fruition this year that we not only get the 5.1 mix in high-res but that it won't take as long for the others to come to fruition.

Yeah, Ryan it's just mostly wishful thinking on my part. We do need to know via Steven for sure and that's silencio at this point.

There is a small window of opportunity though --as Bryan states he's wrapping up his tour at the end of the year and heading into the studio to do (solo likely) some work on music.

Back