Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it seems it is at least coming out so I suppose that's good news. Early 2017 or late? Does it matter - waited this long already! And what does he mean by box set - some kind off super-duper deluxe of that first album?

Yes, from what I know, it's supposed to be a very comprehensive set.

Sounds more like, "it's pushed back again" than as a promise that it will be 2017 at last.

Well is anything ever guaranteed in this business until it's actually released? ;)

I hope that Roxy doesn't feel the heat to hop on the this mega box set bonanza going on recently.
Unless there are 5.1 of their entire studio catalog - that is.

I know that many on here are large fans of the early albums but I prefer the back half of the catalog.
Aside from Floyd's Animals, Final Cut, & Meddle the 5.1 releases I most pray for are Roxy's Siren & Flesh + Blood.
(I have given up hope that anybody will ever make a good 5.1 of Marillion)

While looking around for Roxy Music information came across this older article from over a year ago.
I never new this about them getting together 8-9 years ago and putting together some new songs.
Even though Phil says they aren't up to Avalon standard, well that is a pretty high standard as that is one of the all time classic albums, I for one would be very curious to hear these sub standard songs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...till-happen-says-phil-manzanera-10130178.html

Manzanera also said that the group had made some new material together eight years ago but they decided not to release it as it wasn’t up to the standards of their final ground-breaking album Avalon, released in 1982.

“We tried to do an album about eight years ago and the stuff is still here [in the recording studio]. It’s not earth-shattering, so thank God we didn’t release it. Its sub-standard.

I just saw on vivaroxymusic.com that the site owner has said that he has been proofreading the artwork and booklet for the Roxy Music deluxe edition and that even though he is still unaware of an exact release date, he said the content will please a lot of diehard fans!

*Fingers crossed that we get this around springtime this coming year!* :)

And not exclusively in a massive expensive box.

not in a box with Vinyl included

But with a blu-ray !

At this point after years of waiting, I just want it to be released, and I really don't care how it's released and how much I have to pay for it (although it would be nice if it was not exclusively released on DVD-V, that would kind of suck…)
I think everyone would agree that the best way to release this would be by following the standard set by the Simple Minds reissue series (and "Songs from the Big Chair"): DVD in a box set and a single HFPA Blu-Ray release.
But regardless of how it gets released, we all need to keep in mind that not only does SW have no control over if/when/how a remix is released, but even if it's more expensive than we like, it's better to have it out there than have it sitting in the vaults. :)

That they're at the stage of proofing art and liner notes is a good sign - it would indicate they've probably got the go-ahead from any holdouts (Bryan?) to move forward with the release - my bet is maybe on early spring...March or April. Do it guys...and move on to the next few albums too - seize the opportunity!

That they're at the stage of proofing art and liner notes is a good sign - it would indicate they've probably got the go-ahead from any holdouts (Bryan?) to move forward with the release - my bet is maybe on early spring...March or April. Do it guys...and move on to the next few albums too - seize the opportunity!

That's the spirit! "Roxy Music" in the Spring and "For Your Pleasure" in the Fall will make for a very good 2017! :)

That's the spirit! "Roxy Music" in the Spring and "For Your Pleasure" in the Fall will make for a very good 2017! :)

All I would add is that I'd hope that once they get through all the hoops of getting this first one out that any steps onward would be without all these delays - and sales may speak to them in volumes in that regard, as usual.

All I would add is that I'd hope that once they get through all the hoops of getting this first one out that any steps onward would be without all these delays - and sales may speak to them in volumes in that regard, as usual.

Absolutely! I do want all of Roxy Music's albums remixed and released in surround sound, and I want them all ASAP, but at the same time, I also don't mind if they take all the time they need to get the releases to be as good as they can be. (The first release is always the hardest to get right, but things usually get better after that.)
I just really am curious to know who is in charge of overseeing the production of these releases. The Steve Hackett box set and individual releases were a big disappointment IMHO, while the Tears for Fears and Simple Minds reissues are the standard that any and all Roxy Music reissues show follow. :)

Just posted on the Roxy Music Facebook page (a preview of things to come?):
17795772_1584962568210990_453964752430726562_n.jpg

Just posted on the Roxy Music Facebook page (a preview of things to come?):
17795772_1584962568210990_453964752430726562_n.jpg

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but sadly the news I have gotten lately aren't great concerning this. Reports directly conflicting with this picture, which surprised me.

Still, nothing is definitive yet, so keep your fingers crossed.

Dam this is killing me, it's almost like being waterboarded, release this puppy

I've given up hope on this at this point. If it does miraculously materialize I'll be very happy, but I'm moving on with my life.

An update from the head of vivaroxymusic.com who is helping out with this reissue:

All I can say about it is that I have proof read the artwork etc and so that would mean it is at an advanced stage.

All I can say in terms of content, sleeve notes, photographs, audio recordings, video recordings will be very interesting to the die hard fan with a lot of unseen/unheard material aimed at Roxy’s most avid followers.

In terms of a release date, I have had no confirmation as yet.

Back